MCC - non members (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
We have stayed at some of the above CL's in the past, as they welcome non members, and although you pay a couple of quid more, have always found them excellent.
Just looking at their website, it non longer gives you an option to see the list of CL's and Nightstops.
Anyone know if they still offer this facility? Or do you have to be a member now to use these facilities?
Thanks.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
The MCC have moved the information about their CLs into the members-only section of the web site so you can't see them unless logged-in. However, within that section is a notice that non-members are welcome to use the CLs, so if you know where they are you can use them!

The CL list always used to be in the non-members section, so everyone could see it. If they want non-members to use the CLs they are going to have to change the website.

OP
OP
Nigel L
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Ok, thanks WH, luckily I kept the details, so still have the contact details.
Will wait to see if they change the website.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Probably moved it because too many non-members were using their CLs, even if it does cost a little more.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as i understand it, the situation regarding the mcc allowing non members was clarified by ne last year. their exemption certificate does not allow non members to use their certificated sites. i believe @Jim asked for clarification to see if our cl's could accept non members. this upset a few people who were using the mcc's allowing non members to their advantage

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They did clarify it last year. They said It is entirely up to the club it they want to allow non members to use the sites.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I also checked this status last year and confirm what Jim says. I had similar discussions with DEFRA before Natural England took over and again when NE began issuing certificates. It has always been the case but the Big Two were pressuring DEFRA/NE to make them members only. DEFRAs solicitors confirmed to Natural England's officers that my interpretation of the act was correct, when we were granted a para 5 exemption about 1985

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back