Maybe you shouldn't drink that water! (1 Viewer)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Stale water?

It's not bread you know!

If that's of concern, I would be checking those sell by dates on the bottles of Evian in Tesco!

Clean water placed in a clean vessel will stay clean. If you have a dirty vessel, then yes the bugs will go forth and multiply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
You're drinking too much water!

Hi.
Or they SHOWER once a week ! Shock, Horror!........... But,they will have preserved their natural body oils on the outside.Does it then follow,that if you drink water from your m/home tank,provided that it from a reasonable supply,you will be ....Exercising your internal stomach bugs/oils,whatever ?
We drink from the tank,but it is regularly emptied/cleaned between trips,so far,so good,as for the growler,she drinks ground water and eats......... Cannot tell you,as its before the water shed LOL and she can still outrun me,but has been able to from day one...
Tea Bag

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Have been caravaning/motor homing for over 30 years and have always used the water from the on board tank for drinking and cooking.

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
I used to work for British Gas repairing broken gas mains and quite often worked along side the water board teams doing the same. If you were to see the sludge lying in the bottom of old mains it might just put you off drinking tap water. But most of us have been drinking it for years with out any ill affects , and who's to say that Peckham spring water is any different.
Our situation has changed recently as my wife had a transplant and is on immune suppresant drugs , so we now boil any water that she drinks,just to try and help.

Jul 15, 2015
Isleham Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2012
We use a simple Brita filter jug for tea and coffee dogs drink straight out of the tap, same as most dogs they drink out of the dirties puddles and seem to love it.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If we wanna drink water then it comes from the water pure tap.. If we are gonna make tea etc etc then it is out of the normal tap.
After 8 years of drinking water from the tank no one has been ill from it

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
water comes out of the fridge, nice and cold and pure, can't spoil the whiskey with dirty water

ronidog1

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Over 10 years
What is the best way of cleaning the tank at the strat of the season. I use an aquachem chlorine powder. After flushing the tanks twice I still can taste the chlorine.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
We use Katadyn Micropur products to clean, disinfect, and maintain the cleanliness of the system and have always drunk the water from our MH tanks. We are also careful about the water we put in.

Gray B

Free Member
Jan 13, 2012
Evesham
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Topaz
Exp
Since 2010
We're one of those old couples that use all the amenities in our van. That includes the room with the sprinkerly thing on the end of a hose! When comes to the water tank properly maintained you should have no problems, 8 years and all is well so far !

Cheers for now Gray.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back