Maybe one day all Handovers will be like this...Maybe. (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
On Tuesday I picked up my new IH from the factory/showroom in Knottingley. I can honestly say the handover was superb. I suppose it helps that it was done indoors especially at this time of year. The level of detail and the time taken, by somebody who obviously new the van and its systems inside out was excellent. After the physical and technical stuff we then proceeded to the paperwork. I was presented with a file of documents which we went through and everything was explained. All CoCs, Installation Certs and Type Approval Checklists are included and were explained. The bit I really liked was the details of weights and payloads. The day before, the van had been weighed, and the weights on each wheel, axle and overall weight were detailed on a printout included in the file. This weight was my van with all options chosen fitted, i.e. Solar, Wind Out Awning, Towbar e.c.t. They also detailed that it was weighed with ½ tank fuel and a full tank of gas. They then had made a calculation of user payload based on the IH interpretation of MRO [100% Fuel, Driver @ 75 Kg, LPG Tank 100% Full, Fresh Water Tank and Water Heater 100% full, Waste Water Tank empty, Toilet Flush Tank full and Toilet Cassette empty]. So I now know exactly what extra user payload I have to play with. The only trouble is I cannot have any excuses for getting it wrong now .

Only after all that did we move onto the money side of the transaction. As far as my Trade in was concerned, they just took the keys and documentation and that was it. They didn’t even look inside it whilst I was there. The Trade-in value was agreed, sight unseen, at the NEC in October.

As I said, a really good and comprehensive handover, certainly much better that anything I have had before. In fact, I am beginning to think I have not really had a handover before.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
I got the same hand over from them when I purchased our second hand IH from them. Brilliant. They also gave me a great trade in on the old van without seeing it. First class company.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We have an IH 630rd and love it, coming up to 4 years now. We bought it when they they had their brief but disasterous few months of selling through dealers. Fortunately they learnt from their mistakes and went back to what they do best, selling from their factory. We would certainly have another. They are lovely people to deal with.
Enjoy your van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
On Tuesday I picked up my new IH from the factory/showroom in Knottingley. I can honestly say the handover was superb. I suppose it helps that it was done indoors especially at this time of year. The level of detail and the time taken, by somebody who obviously new the van and its systems inside out was excellent. After the physical and technical stuff we then proceeded to the paperwork. I was presented with a file of documents which we went through and everything was explained. All CoCs, Installation Certs and Type Approval Checklists are included and were explained. The bit I really liked was the details of weights and payloads. The day before, the van had been weighed, and the weights on each wheel, axle and overall weight were detailed on a printout included in the file. This weight was my van with all options chosen fitted, i.e. Solar, Wind Out Awning, Towbar e.c.t. They also detailed that it was weighed with ½ tank fuel and a full tank of gas. They then had made a calculation of user payload based on the IH interpretation of MRO [100% Fuel, Driver @ 75 Kg, LPG Tank 100% Full, Fresh Water Tank and Water Heater 100% full, Waste Water Tank empty, Toilet Flush Tank full and Toilet Cassette empty]. So I now know exactly what extra user payload I have to play with. The only trouble is I cannot have any excuses for getting it wrong now .

Only after all that did we move onto the money side of the transaction. As far as my Trade in was concerned, they just took the keys and documentation and that was it. They didn’t even look inside it whilst I was there. The Trade-in value was agreed, sight unseen, at the NEC in October.

As I said, a really good and comprehensive handover, certainly much better that anything I have had before. In fact, I am beginning to think I have not really had a handover before.

That post should be splashed over every MH website and marque owners website in every country.

Simon Richardson

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
East bound & down.
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer 150 I
Exp
Full timing since Dec 2017
Back when we were 'Tuggers' we bought a Caravan from Lowdhams, and have never had a better hand over anywhere.

They even give you a mobile number to call out of hours if you have any issues - which we did at 10pm one evening and they talked us through it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back