Maybe an old question? (1 Viewer)

Beerbiker

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
I am new to this: are there any differences in insurance between A-class, coachbuilt etc etc or is it simply down to the usual variables?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Can't say we noticed much when we changed two years ago from coach built to A class, I suppose A class tend to be more value to insure?(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Andy in Lossie

Free Member
Mar 29, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Done a bit
Changed from a low profile to an A class, with the same company and the policy didn't change at all

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
From previous threads the main issue with A class insurance is the windscreen cover as some screens cost over 3k :eek:
It is worthwhile seeing what a new screen would cost if needed and check that the policy would cover it.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If it does make a difference it will be so slight as to be unnoticeable. The big influencers are previous claims, price and postcode (y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
And just like car or any other insurers different companies will have different risk profiles and therefore different prices for a particular model.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If your buying an expensive Motorhome you'll find that the insurance will differ from company to company, just like as said make sure it covers full windscreen.... but most of all buy the Motorhome that suits you don't worry too much about insurance.... just shop around.

Our Motorhome insurance for 55k Comfort ins Co £360 with euro breakdown cover.

Our £5k car that we do less miles in £280 with no breakdown cover. Go figure that one..(n)

OP
OP
Beerbiker

Beerbiker

Free Member
Sep 13, 2017
Funster No
I see....no logic or pattern whatsoever......just like the rest of life! I'm not megawealthy just trying to find a well built, well depreciated, well maintained, cheap to run and enjoyable new life!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back