May have to cancel hols boo hoo (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Booked for France on LDlines from Portsmouth on29th June. Electrical problem on motorhome. Autosleeper symbol 2003 Peugeot base, all rear brake lights not working, the cable had worn through but when it was replaced still no luck, it seems when the cable wore through by rubbing against bodywork it has done something to the computers brain. The most likely part is on order but if thats not it then I think we are stuffed. Would not be so bad delaying our hols but the first week we were booked on a CampingandCaravan club rally. Trip was to celebrate my retirement on Thursday, I'm a right old moaning minny at the moment, must go buy cake and chocolate to see if that helps....

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Oh .... Dear! I really feel for you ! You must feel really frustrated!
Can't you phone (or may be shall I do it for you?) and see if a caravan or a static could be rented for 2 or 3 days so that you can at least take the train and may be get there another way...and still have your party??

Just a thought...

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Booked for France on LDlines from Portsmouth on29th June. Electrical problem on motorhome. Autosleeper symbol 2003 Peugeot base, all rear brake lights not working, the cable had worn through but when it was replaced still no luck, it seems when the cable wore through by rubbing against bodywork it has done something to the computers brain. The most likely part is on order but if thats not it then I think we are stuffed. Would not be so bad delaying our hols but the first week we were booked on a CampingandCaravan club rally. Trip was to celebrate my retirement on Thursday, I'm a right old moaning minny at the moment, must go buy cake and chocolate to see if that helps....

2003, shouldn't be too computerised, are you sure you havnt got a fuse gone somewhere or even earth wire , give em all a good wiggle, sure the bulbs are ok, I know this sounds obvious but you don't say if you've tried it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup, no canbus on a 2003 Pug.
But the stop lights are indeed fused on that year..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Shame you are not closer ! :Sad:
Would have had a quick shufty and fix for you.. Whatever it is it cannot be very much :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back