May give you some encouragement.... (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Interesting but which planet do these journos live on?

"We encourage travellers to consider some of the lesser-known but equally great destinations around the UK, such as Norfolk, Somerset, Dorset, the Cotswolds, North Coast 500, Isle of Skye, Sandwood Bay, and Isle of Mull," said the expert.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
TBH, I realised it was Daily Express and only got to the word ‘Expert’ and my brain switched off

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Interesting but which planet do these journos live on?

"We encourage travellers to consider some of the lesser-known but equally great destinations around the UK, such as Norfolk, Somerset, Dorset, the Cotswolds, North Coast 500, Isle of Skye, Sandwood Bay, and Isle of Mull," said the expert.
Shush, let the journalist suggest these places. We can then go to the genuinely less visited places. Having been climbing/ walking etc in the lakes for over fifty years it’s amazing how many people think the lakes is Bowness, Ambleside, Keswick, Grasmere. Long may that continue.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
all the thousands of folk who jump on a plane to a fully inclusive resort to eat drink and cook like sausages will not know about these places, but then again centre parks type places should make a killing the modern day Butlins should do really well. A lot of people will still go to one location and stay. I did in it Norfolk last year as I was not too familiar wit the area so booked for longer than normal and walked locally and then used van for days out and exploring. But also as it was between lockdowns I was careful not to upset the locals. Remember getting out of Wells asap due to huge numbers of people and no parking I was very disappointed, but hope to go back in the winter when there are less people Can not make up my mind if I will be heading North or West but as long as the ferry's are booked I will worry about the rest then. We have wheels if we don't like the crowds we can move. I was planning Scotland but Norther Ireland is now looking good (if I can get my solar panels fitted)

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
all the thousands of folk who jump on a plane to a fully inclusive resort to eat drink and cook like sausages will not know about these places, but then again centre parks type places should make a killing the modern day Butlins should do really well. A lot of people will still go to one location and stay. I did in it Norfolk last year as I was not too familiar wit the area so booked for longer than normal and walked locally and then used van for days out and exploring. But also as it was between lockdowns I was careful not to upset the locals. Remember getting out of Wells asap due to huge numbers of people and no parking I was very disappointed, but hope to go back in the winter when there are less people Can not make up my mind if I will be heading North or West but as long as the ferry's are booked I will worry about the rest then. We have wheels if we don't like the crowds we can move. I was planning Scotland but Norther Ireland is now looking good (if I can get my solar panels fitted)
You'll not need solar panels on that side of the Irish Sea !
Phil

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I suppose your solar panels will keep some of the rain off your roof. That’s about all the good they’ll be in that part of the world😂🤭😂.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I suppose your solar panels will keep some of the rain off your roof. That’s about all the good they’ll be in that part of the world😂🤭😂.
All the times that I was in Ireland for a week every month never had rain, but I was working and the sun shines on the righteous, or the devil looks after his own, but it over 20 visits to to the Ring of Kerry only seen it properly once due to mist.
1613297157015.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back