May be of interest on ebay... (1 Viewer)

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
As I'm selling the RV I'm also starting to sell some of the associated motorhome/camping bits & pieces.

So if you are interested in either a portable twin tub or an operating manual for a Damon RV (that's all I've listed so far, plenty more to follow so you may want to add me as a favourite seller so you get notified of the rest when I list it) then please click the link below :Cool:

LINK

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Well the washer has had lots of interest and the Damon manual has just been bid on...:Smile:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Those little washers are quite good..we had one and we sold it on flee bay for 55 quid which wasn't bad really as we only paid 70 for it and it was only 10 months old..top bit of kit for full timing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
it is a nice outfit but i see it is not LPG converted so £0.70pence per mile to run
and over £2500 to convert
would you take an offer to allow for the conversion to LPG? or share cost of such if the buyer requested?

yours

Ian

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
it is a nice outfit but i see it is not LPG converted so £0.70pence per mile to run
and over £2500 to convert
would you take an offer to allow for the conversion to LPG? or share cost of such if the buyer requested?

yours

Ian

Not sure where you get £0.70 per mile to run...

The last time I checked my fuel consumption I was getting 14 mpg which equates to approx. 43p per mile...

I did look into converting it to LPG but to be honest the numbers just did not stack up. IIRC to save enough on fuel to recoup the initial outlay would require approx. 25,000 miles of motoring. Now whilst some motorhomers may do that quite easily, it would take us (and I'm sure many others) many years to do that and we just didn't think we would have the RV that long (as has been proved by the fact we are now selling it - Ebay Link )

I also believe that whilst an LPG converted motorhome may be more desirable on first impressions, I don't think that this necessarily translates to a higher value. Yes there may be a similar make/model of motorhome for sale with an LPG conversion...but does it have the £7000 worth of added value that mine does in other items?

I suppose what I'm saying is that whilst it is true that some potential purchasers may get hung up on the 'must have LPG' ticket, I am a great believer that LPG is not all it's cracked up to be and that truly serious purchasers will look at the overall package. Yes...to some the lack of LPG may be a deal breaker, but to others the benefit of the all weather safari room, or the self seeking satellite system, the professional refurbishment or the large solar array could be a deal-maker.

Horses for courses as with most things and to answer your question:

If any potential purchasers love our RV and the only thing holding them back is the lack of an LPG conversion then I suggest you think again about LPG and it's importance and don't just think that it is half the cost of petrol...it isn't and it is only 80% efficient at best...and then give me a shout :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back