May Bank Holiday Meet (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
I have found what I think will be a very nice site for the bank holiday weekend in May. And just £5 a night!!!:Smile: May 2 - 5 (fri - mon)

Bourne - The Wishing Well Inn
Main Street
Dyke
Nr Bourne
Lincolnshire
PE10 0AF

Numbers are limited to 6 vans at this point in time, so if you do wish to join us, please let me know. I have reserved the spaces in my name, so no need to book with pub direct.

Here are the brief details:

The Camping and Caravanning Club - SiteSeeker - Details

They can normally take 20 vans, but we are limited to 6 because of a pre booking by caravan club.

They have hardstanding in the event of bad weather, and dump point suitable for European vans, and possibly American RV's (on a lucky day).
There is of course fresh water and toilet facilities in the pub, and excellent home baked pub grub for those who don't wish to cook.

I think that this looks like a really good venue, so let me know if you would like to come.

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Deb

No hook up, and I can't see dogs being a problem as they are a public house - but you might want to check with them if you are thinking of coming.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Do you ever have meets nearer to me.

I would love to meet up but as I have a boy of 14 still at school, the earliest we can leave Southampton is about 4pm on a Friday Lincoln would be at least 5 hours for me and on a Friday afternoon/evening almost certainly an hour more I'd dare say.

I'm not expecting one right on my doorstep but say maybe one needing only say a 2hour drive for me.

Surely not everyone on here lives North of Watford?

Regards Pat

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Do you ever have meets nearer to me.

I would love to meet up but as I have a boy of 14 still at school, the earliest we can leave Southampton is about 4pm on a Friday Lincoln would be at least 5 hours for me and on a Friday afternoon/evening almost certainly an hour more I'd dare say.

I'm not expecting one right on my doorstep but say maybe one needing only say a 2hour drive for me.

Surely not everyone on here lives North of Watford?

Regards Pat

Why not try arranging one yourself? I am sure you could find some interested parties.

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Pat

I'm sorry, I know how frustrating it can be. There are some meets and shows we cannot attend for exactly the same reason.

Any member can propose a meet although there seem to be just a few of us who grab the bull by the horns and post one.

If you would like to suggest a meet nearer to you, I am certain you would get a good response - and if it is two hours from us, we would gladly like to meet up with you.:winky:

Alternatively on the longer weekend meets, you might consider it worthwhile to travel that bit further - but rest assured, a lot of us are in the same boat due to family and/or work commitments.:Sad:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Sharon aka (Events Unlimited) This one is well within our striking distance and a 3 nighter too!!!! Book us in please
Subject to Wedding Clause
Geo

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
meets

we have only been to one meet that was near home and that was bosworth,but where ever the meet is there wil always be people who have too travel a long distance, difficult i know when you have kids in school etc, fortunately we do not have that problem, we enjoy the travelling and the lpg makes it easier on the pocket, hope to meet up with you soon.:Smile:

ruth

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi Haganap

Why not try arranging one yourself? I am sure you could find some interested parties

I would love to be able to arrange a meet but due to personal circumstances (my wife's ongoing treatment) it is not possible at the moment, to commit myself to a certain date as things can and do change on a weekly basis.

I did organise a rally for the ARV club (14 RVs attended) at my place last September but ironically sods law meant my wife had to have an operation (brain surgery) the week before the rally. Thanks to some help from some close friends the rally went ahead and was a success.

So as you see my hands are tied and whats more I don't know how long for!

Regards Pat

Attachments

• 100_0976.jpg
    100_0976.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_0864.jpg
    100_0864.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_0993.jpg
    100_0993.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_0981.jpg
    100_0981.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_0871.jpg
    100_0871.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 113
OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Nice pictures Pat. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Perhaps when you can, you would like to organise something - two or three weeks notice is adequate for most folk if that helps.

In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled for any southern meets, and hopefully there will be some this coming year!

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi Rockie

Yes here's hoping, it does depend on the weather too as the field does hold it's water and become soft.

Should be at Newbury and Stratford I hope

Regards Pat

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
We will be at Stratford, so look forward to meeting you then!

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi John

It was at our house to the West of Southampton near the New Forest the BBQ was in our back garden

Regards Pat

Attachments

• 100_0997.jpg
    100_0997.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_0992.jpg
    100_0992.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_0965.jpg
    100_0965.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 38

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Lovely house Pat:thumb:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Still places available on this meet - please let me know if you would like to join us.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Only three places left, Maybe 4
Sharon hasn't cleared this trip with Travelworld yet:Doh:
Geo

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Morning all

Just one place left on this one.
These are the vans going so far:

kands/Rockierv
Pammy/Geo
Blondi (Di and Pete)
Jan Pendreigh (Jan and Merv)
Yoolie (Jim and Marion)

If you would like to join us, please post on this thread.::bigsmile:

freakylady

Free Member
Apr 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 months
Hi there
Myself and my hubby would like to join you if we have got our new mh and it all works fine by then. We're supposed to be picking it up the day before but may be able to rearrange that.

I grew up in the town just down the road from this pub and it would be lovely to join you all there.

Jenny and Phil

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Jenny

Don't fret if you don't get a reply to your post right away, RockieRV, Geo, Kands and others are away at another meet this weekend so it may be a day or two before they see it ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Jenny

Hope the collection of your new van goes well. Look forward to seeing you at this meet.:Smile:
I will add your names to the calendar entry.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi Jenny

Don't fret if you don't get a reply to your post right away, RockieRV, Geo, Kands and others are away at another meet this weekend so it may be a day or two before they see it ::bigsmile:
hi lindy, but we are posh now we have got dongle:ROFLMAO: hope you are ok, see you at peterborough, lets pray for NICE WEATHER:Smile:

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Apologies

After all your trouble booking us in at the Wishing Well, we have a family problem rearing it's ugly head this weekend and it's not going to go away I'm afraid. Rather than leave it until the last minute to pull out we've decided to say now that we're not going to make it so that our place is free.

So very sorry about this because we were looking forward to our first meet. Hope it's a fantastic weekend. Apologies again.

Merv and Jan

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
After all your trouble booking us in at the Wishing Well, we have a family problem rearing it's ugly head this weekend and it's not going to go away I'm afraid. Rather than leave it until the last minute to pull out we've decided to say now that we're not going to make it so that our place is free.

So very sorry about this because we were looking forward to our first meet. Hope it's a fantastic weekend. Apologies again.

Merv and Jan

Sorry you won't be able to make it, hopefully you can get your problem sorted and come on another one.

So now we have a free space if anyone would like to join us here......:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back