Samwise-100

Free Member
Feb 24, 2021
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Hi All,

Just a quick one to see if anyone knew of anyone/anywhere who repairs Maxxfans? I recently bought a van which had one (Deluxe) fitted but i never tested it and, after spending months converting the van, found that it doesn't work. There's no power at all. Thought it worth a bit of investigation before shelling out Ā£300+ for a replacement.

Cheers

Sam

OP
OP
S

Samwise-100

Free Member
Feb 24, 2021
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Good point Richard & Ann. Profile updated.

I'm located in Barnsley but travel nationally for work so open to any recommendations, cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Maxxfans are still relatively new so not surprised there are no dedicated repairers.
But in reality they are only a reversible various speed 12v fan so a half decent electrician ought to be able to troubleshoot it.

OP
OP
S

Samwise-100

Free Member
Feb 24, 2021
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Sorry, should have mentioned that i've checked wiring and tested it direct from a power source to narrow down the problem. It's definitely the unit itself, cheers

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Sorry, should have mentioned that i've checked wiring and tested it direct from a power source to narrow down the problem. It's definitely the unit itself, cheers
Even if the circuit board is kaput the motor can be used with a Ā£10 ebay speed controller so don't throw anything away. I fitted one on our kitchen ceiling fan, (a new board would have been Ā£80)

We're away until October ish but I can have a look at it when we get back if you haven't found anybody. We're near Chesterfield šŸ‘

OP
OP
S

Samwise-100

Free Member
Feb 24, 2021
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Thanks! I'm not in a mad rush, and would rather try fix it by any means than throw money at a new one. If you wouldn't mind dropping me a message when you're back, that would be great, cheers

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Thanks! I'm not in a mad rush, and would rather try fix it by any means than throw money at a new one. If you wouldn't mind dropping me a message when you're back, that would be great, cheers
OK will do šŸ‘

Jon-M

Free Member
Dec 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit L3H3
Did you manage to fix this?

My Maxxfan has just stopped working. Fuse working and cables receiving power so it must be the dreaded cirsuit board issue that loads of people have discussed online, including youtube tutorials on sealing the new circuit board:

BUT these are all in the US, not UK, so I'm wondering how people in the UK managed to fix it, 1. where to buy the new circuit board and 2. how to moisture seal, as the products recommended don't seem to exist on UK amazon Amazon product ASIN B000IC7ZQ2
Can anyone help?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back