MaxxFan Deluxe - Does Anyone Here Have One? (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I'm in the market for a good fan and really like the look of the MaxxFan Deluxe.

Initially I was looking at the Fantastic, which looks very good and was recommended by a few members, but I really like some of the features of the MaxxFan.

For instance, the MaxxFan can be left up in the rain, without rain coming into the van. If the rain is really heavy (obviously never down here in Cornwall :rolleyes: ) the fan still works in re-circulate mode, closed.

It has 10 speeds in either direction and a rain sensor that can auto-close the roof if needed. It can also be left up whilst driving (not sure I'd do this).

A big thing for me is noise. I've watched a few videos on YouTube, comparing the Fantastic and MaxxFan. It does appear the MaxxFan is quieter.

Does anyone here have one?

Are you happy with it?

Here's one of the noise comparison videos for anyone interested:

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
@Wissel probably get more response if put in motorhome chat instead of motorhome insurance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
@Jim
I've managed to post this in the wrong thread and don't think I can still change it.
Didn't want to start another thread, would you mind moving this to Motorhome Chat?
Thanks, David

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hope you are going to do a better job with the sealant when you fit yours.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stand Off

Free Member
Jul 19, 2017
St Helens
Funster No
MH
Hymer B668
Exp
Since 2009
We have the maxxfan deluxe on our van and it was fitted by roadpro. If you look on their website there is a little video of a lady who bought one and loves it.

https://www.roadpro.co.uk/catalogue/03b01-maxxfan

We love ours and had it placed directly over the beds to help keep us cool at night whilst abroad. On the video you posted above, the guy gets the details a little incorrect, you can change the temperature/thermostat settings manually so the fan will kick in at your preferred temp. He also had the manual system but ours is the remote version. When we bought ours we went for the smoke coloured version but they now have a nice clear one so you wont lose as much light inside you van.

As for the rain, yes, it does keep it out. We know this because we forgot to close ours one afternoon and there was a torrential rain storm but no rain came into the van.

As for the noise, obviously if it’s on full speed it can be quite noisy but on the mid to lower speeds we find it acceptable. We put ours on high until things have cooled and then onto the gentler speeds to maintain. It’s also brilliant at extraction.

If you need to know anything else, let me know.

OP
OP
Wissel
Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks @Stand Off that's exactly the kind of response I was hoping to get.

I like the idea of a clear dome, as that was the only downside I could think of. I'll do a little more research, but I think you've made my mind up.

Thanks again, David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back