Maxview wind-up dish problem (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
My Maxview satellite dish wind-up mechanism keeps dropping down inside the van. I have already replaced the parts when the whole inside dropped out and could not be replaced. I followed their instructions to the letter (I think) but it still keeps dropping down, needing to be held up to use. Has anyone else had a similar problem and 'fixed' it?

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
I have had this happen too, It was (if I remember correctly) that the plastic coupler was fitted upside down. This coupler fits on the end of the square tube. Sorry I cannot give a better explanation.
Colin

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I was one of the earlier account holders with Maxview back in 1971/2 ..
Clarky was still very hands on in the factory himself back then, and Allan, his son, worked mainly on the sales counter dealing with all us lunatic riggers !!!.. I well remember walking across the yard and squelching in crude oil as it used to seep up all the time !

But to reply to the OP
To this day 99% of the people who work there in Setchey ( pronounced Setch.. the ey is silent ) are helpful knowledgeable folk who are very approachable .. A fone call may well be worth while :) ( 01553 811000 )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I had a similar issue. The bit with the handle is retained by two lugs which push into the upper part, which is against the ceiling. The problem was if I tried to push it (the bit falling off) upwards the upper part would move away as the underside of the ceiling is soft.
I solved it by doing two things. The first was I examined the lugs and found they had a bit of flashing on the sloped bit which I removed with a sharp knife. This helped the lugs slide over the bit they were supposed to connect with better. Then when I offered it up again I put a blunt knife (from the cutlery drawer) behind the upper part and used it to force the upper part downwards so the lugs could go far enough into it to click into place.
It hasn't fallen off since. :)

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Thank you all so much. I understood all the explanations but will phone the company in the morning first of all then get into that awful pushing upwards position with even greater confidence.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back