Maxview Target direct to avtex tv (1 Viewer)

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
So currently sat system is setup through sky hd box. See picture
However ive cancelled sky now and really want to remove it and use the avtex to find free to view channels. Am i right in thinking that the sat cable thats currently connected to my control box should be connected directly to the avtex tv. Its also a duel setup from the maxview but that cable is just idle until i decide if i want another tv. The sky box is currently connected via hdmi cable.
IMG_20200726_163244.jpg

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Note that your Avtex will probably not have automatic channel updates (when channels change frequencies) , nor a full 7 day programme guide, nor BBC text options like a Sky (or Freesat) box will have.

If you want the three "free to view" (encrypted but no subscription) satellite channels (Local tv , Yesterday+1. 4Music), then you will still need your Sky box and sky card...

OP
OP
Chris Laing
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Note that your Avtex will probably not have automatic channel updates (when channels change frequencies) , nor a full 7 day programme guide, nor BBC text options like a Sky (or Freesat) box will have.

If you want the three "free to view" (encrypted but no subscription) satellite channels (Local tv , Yesterday+1. 4Music), then you will still need your Sky box and sky card...
Really just want to have the option of tuning into free to view channels in other countries. We are going to France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany over the next 2 weeks. Dont watch a lot of tv while away but its handy to pick up local football or news and weather in each country. We are also using Firestick with mobile connection now and again depending on data

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
I have my Sniper TV... similar specs to Avtex/Cello/Other makes available and connect the Snipe 3 direct....and yeah you don't get the updates as already advised but we tend to use the usual suspects and local BBC news progs when we are away(either the local programming or checking the Home BBC local) You get the usual stuff on Drama/Yesterday/Really/Dmax etc as well as the HD channels.... works for us... we do have a Firestick if the weather is crap and her indoors wants a Disney +/Netflix film....but we do have one of the old fashioned DVD drives built in to out TV too...... enjoy your trip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Really just want to have the option of tuning into free to view channels in other countries. We are going to France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany over the next 2 weeks. Dont watch a lot of tv while away but its handy to pick up local football or news and weather in each country. We are also using Firestick with mobile connection now and again depending on data
As far as I am aware, there are some free to view channels on satellite for those countries.
The "main" French channels are free to view, but you will need a TNTSat (Astra 1) or Fransat (5 west?) card / and box to watch. Dont think there are any free to view Belgium / Dutch channels, all need subscirption as far as I am aware. Only one or two free to air channels for these two countries.
Plenty of free to air channels, especially for Germany (RTL showing free F1 for this year, but not from next year, free German Eurosport, and a bit of sports news on the free Sky Sports News), and pay channels.

But each EU country does, by law, have at least one free to air news service via satellite...

( Free to air - no subscription, no encryption, no card
Free to view - no subscription, but encrypted so needs a card
Freeview - the name of the UK digital terrestrial (ie via aerial) service )

Via TV aerial you should pick up the terrestrial digital channels, as long as you have a compatible digital terrestrial receiver,.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back