Maximum LPG Fill (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2011
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years
Would be grateful for some expert opinion.
I have a 6kg Gaslow cylinder, which I am told can only be filled to 80% capacity - i.e. 4.8kg
4.8kg of LPG equates to 8.64 litres at the pump ( so my charts tell me ).
My cylinder was empty, and when I filled at my nearest station it took 10.8 litres before the cut-off.
That is almost exactly 6kg.
Is the rated 6kg the most the cylinder will take or does 6kg represent the 80% safety level ?
Or was the pump faulty by delivering too much - or is my system faulty by accepting too much ?
Whatever, I put 6kg in and have lived to tell the tale.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I don't think it works like that ie. 80% of 6kgs. 6kgs is the net weight of the cylinder before you fill it. The gaslow site indicates 11.5 litres on a 6kg cylinder at 80%

Sounds like your system is ok

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T
Nov 9, 2011
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years
Thank you all for your input. I think the 6kg figure must represent the 80% recommended safe fill.
I don't think it can refer to the empty weight of the cylinder, as there are standard and lightweight cylinders available both denominated 6kg.
Whatever, a cylinder of LPG cost me £7.50 - Calor would have been £22.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Besides for the initial cost we are very glad we have gaslow and can refill, it was getting very expensive to buy calor gas bottles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
From the Gaslow site.
"The Gaslow 6kg Refillable Cylinder is designed for installation in your caravan/motorhome locker
They can be filled using the Gaslow Filler Kit at thousands of LPG stations across the UK and Europe
The cylinders are manufactured from steel and carry our full 15 year warranty.
After 15 years you must return your cylinder to a Gaslow dealer who will exchange it and charge a replacement fee.
For complete safety the European Pi approved filler valves automatically shut off the gas when the cylinder is 80% full, preventing the dangers associated with overfilling.
We recommend using the Gaslow 21.8 LH Stainless Steel Hose to connect to your caravan/motorhome regulator

Capacity (80%): 11.5 litres
Height: 460mm
Diameter: 246mm
Empty Weight: 6.9kg"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back