Maximum advisable Roof Box weight (1 Viewer)

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Could anyone tell me the maximum advisable load for a roof box, I have a Swift 645 Kontiki and a Fiamma Ultra 3 box. The box has just been fitted to a proper roof rail and bar set up, sitting pretty much centre of the vehicle.

I was thinking of limiting to 50kg although there is loads of room in it, but can't find any info anywhere.

Thanks,

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
not sure with it being mounted on bars, but i reckon it can take a lot more than 50kg.

i walked about on the kontiki 640 roof doing various jobs and washing it with no problem and i weigh 107kg.:Blush:

Ooops...i see what you mean, the max weight IN the box :Doh:

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
It's only large light stuff I want to put in there for our month in the South of France, with the 645 you get loads of internal space but not a very big garage, so will chuck beachy stuff in there as well as lightweight table, sideboard for driveaway awning and that kind of stuff :thumb:

There are four legs along each side that the rail which goes around the whole roof attaches to, then the two cross bars. I guess it is the weight on the legs (which happen to be on reinforced areas of the roof due to the thick pads they are on) that I need to be concerned about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back