Max view seeker (1 Viewer)

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Has anyone had problems with the seeker satellite. My 18 month old one played up quite a few times then completely failed.They fitted a new unit about 3 months ago now it has failed again. Anyone had problems,

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Has anyone had problems with the seeker satellite. My 18 month old one played up quite a few times then completely failed.They fitted a new unit about 3 months ago now it has failed again. Anyone had problems,
I have a Maxview 65cm seeker on our caravan and never had any issues with except when it needed a software update which was easily done by downloading to a USB stick from my laptop and updating the maxview control box . I would say its just as good as the more expensive German satellite we have fitted to our Motorhome .
Is it a software issue your having and the dish not locking on to Astra 2

OP
OP
dulvil
Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
After telling them the error code,Maxview say it’s a connection problem (wiring) in the dish. Okay if you carry a ladder and toolbox

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
After telling them the error code,Maxview say it’s a connection problem (wiring) in the dish. Okay if you carry a ladder and toolbox
Ok sounds like the problem I had with my Maxview and its a fairly easy fix if you can get to your Satellite , if you unbolt the six 10mm captive bolts that hold the dish to the base plate and carefully lift the unit up and tilt to allow access to the underside there are two multi plugs and two satellite feed cables .
The multiplugs have been know to be affected by damp which throws up an error code on the control box display or they may have become slack as was the case with mine .

OP
OP
dulvil
Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks, Site owner lent me a pair of steps but not quite long enough. I thumped the casing and suddenly it has worked again. Van is going in for warranty work soon so they can sort it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back