yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Well done:xThumb: Now the best Maintenance is to drive him regularly, the odd weekend, Our daughter has taken our Ducky to Narbonne for a long weekend, it does it more good than being parked up.:sleep:

Ps, don't forget the wild-mint:D

Thing is I have NO week ends!!!!!! It is the main problem!
I'm the warden of the stadium I'm living on, and as such, I am on duty every week end!

Sometimes they are tournaments or competitions free, but I don't know it till the last minute AND I have the possibility to have ONE week end off /month IF I ask one month ahead!:xblink: !

So it is just hell to go away!

I can only do a few miles if matches end early enough!:xsad:

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Frankie.. We too park our van on grass at the top of our garden and its surrounded by fields, so PLENTY of "wildlife" wandering around... SO, with that in mind, I have purchased an Ultrasonic Rodent Repeller... It is German and made by KEMO. Model No :- M100N.. It is designed for protection agains Pine martens ((Marder)) and is 12 volt... It has a powerful hemisperical speaker which emits the ultrasonic waves at 140 degrees around the whole 360 degree area.. It has an acoustic pressure of 110 decibels and will keep working between minus 25 degrees and plus 80degrees.. So I wired mine into a spare cigarette socket which is live without the ignition being 'on'.. The unit is only about 75mm by 50mm and 28mm deep.. and very light, so I put it on top of the blackout screen which covers the Heki roof light in the centre of the van, facing downwards toward the ground.. this way it should cover the whole van.... It only cost £11.99p plus postage, so I figured it was worth a go..
So far so good !!! In case you are worried about battery drain, it only draws 2 MilliAmps..
It comes with a 500MilliAmp fuse...
It is possible to buy much larger ones and also 240volt ones, but I think, if it designed to work for Pine martens, it will scare away mice and rats !!!
Sorry this is such a long "waffle", but it is best to give it all at once and I know how terrible it is to be "invaded" by these creatures !!!
Glad you have your van back.. Enjoy... Mitch...:xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thing is I have NO week ends!!!!!! It is the main problem!
I'm the warden of the stadium I'm living on, and as such, I am on duty every week end!

Surely a person with your bubbly personality, your language skills can do better than this. Sit down, ask "do I want a better life ?".

Don't Just Let It Happen.

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Surely a person with your bubbly personality, your language skills can do better than this. Sit down, ask "do I want a better life ?".

Don't Just Let It Happen.

Brian , having language skills is not enough! You need certificates and things .... and among all the very skilled people , much younger than me (yes yes!!) , the unemployment, It's not that easy!
I have my own business, "Baby's Clever"but could never ever live on it!
Bilingualism for babies is not interesting for people having other plans in mind with their money.
Only very few (living not too far from my place)see the whole interest of it. Very few is : 4
I do want a better life, just can't see how. I have too little money ahead to last more than a year, and will NEVER be depending on anyone. Been there... never again!
I wasn't obliged to answer your post, but you are not the only one to say this to me.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Frankie.. We too park our van on grass at the top of our garden and its surrounded by fields, so PLENTY of "wildlife" wandering around... SO, with that in mind, I have purchased an Ultrasonic Rodent Repeller... It is German and made by KEMO. Model No :- M100N.. It is designed for protection agains Pine martens ((Marder)) and is 12 volt... It has a powerful hemisperical speaker which emits the ultrasonic waves at 140 degrees around the whole 360 degree area.. It has an acoustic pressure of 110 decibels and will keep working between minus 25 degrees and plus 80degrees.. So I wired mine into a spare cigarette socket which is live without the ignition being 'on'.. The unit is only about 75mm by 50mm and 28mm deep.. and very light, so I put it on top of the blackout screen which covers the Heki roof light in the centre of the van, facing downwards toward the ground.. this way it should cover the whole van.... It only cost £11.99p plus postage, so I figured it was worth a go..
So far so good !!! In case you are worried about battery drain, it only draws 2 MilliAmps..
It comes with a 500MilliAmp fuse...
It is possible to buy much larger ones and also 240volt ones, but I think, if it designed to work for Pine martens, it will scare away mice and rats !!!
Sorry this is such a long "waffle", but it is best to give it all at once and I know how terrible it is to be "invaded" by these creatures !!!
Glad you have your van back.. Enjoy... Mitch...:xThumb:
I fitted the same one years ago and my frequency counter shows it is still working, however we had mice nest right under it last year, maybe they were deaf.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
So I am not the only one to see more in you than you see in yourself.

Keep your eyes wide open, something better is looking for you.
That is a lovely thing to say to someone Brian.......:love:

Frankie -I read your rat thread and bookmarked it as, like Mitch, we back onto fields and always have wildlife wandering around:xeek:

Pleased to hear you have Max back and hope, as Brian says, something better soon finds you:xsmile:

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Can't place the van..we need pictures! Not the greatest idea to use washing up liguid in the screen wash as it contains salt?

Sorry , for some reason I didn't answer the first part of your post. Can't place the van .... means? You can't remember having seen it??

If you need pictures here 's one
20140313_183439.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back