Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Anybody got a Duvalite?

Are they really any less hot than memory foam?

And most importantly - do they actually make a difference?

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Do you mean Duvalay? They are now part owned by Hilary Devey from Dragon's Den.

I have one rolled up at work - haven't used it yet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sedge

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
They are made by Raskelf but they are different to their normal memory foam topper.

That's why I'm asking if anyone knows what they are like, cos they are different!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've used the Raskelf for years, one of the best purchases we ever made for a Motorhome. We did try some other memory foam from Argos and it was horrible, it got hot, ended up in a dog bed, don't even think the dog was that that impressed. Duvalay must be handy if your making beds up every night, but just the topper is fine otherwise, I believe it's exactly the same stuff you're lieing on.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
memory foam

i did have one, but found they were quite large when rolled up. also, the cotton cover started to bobble after 6 months, its a very cheap loose weave and i think they are quite expensive.
i use a memory foam £50 for double bought from a show and cut the corner off to fit the bed. there are products that are not the real foam but the wording makes them look like they are. i have friends who leave them on the seats in the day, and just throw the duvet over at night.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We have had Duvalays for some years and find them great.... very comfortable, cozy and convenient.:thumb:

Joyce has different tog rated inner duvets which we change according to the season and if the weather is very hot we use them without any duvet.:Cool:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i think i will try 1 at newark if they are there just give me a nudge if i fall asleep though wouldnt like to be rudely awoken by some angry seller :ROFLMAO:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i just had a thought if i get a memory mattress then i would always know if my wife has had someone in the bed apart from me cause it will remember his or hers body dimensions would this is permitted as evidence i wonder in a divorce court :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I've got one with both the summer & winter duvets.
Plus Points: It's very comfortable & cosy, nice to sleep in.
Minus Points: Expensive & mine came with a section of unstitched seam, their only suggestion was send it back at my expense, not even a sorry. :Sad:
Mrs simbadog stitched it up & has since had to do another corner!

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We've had a Raskelf topper for 7 years one of the best things we've ever bought for the m/home. Tried a cheap one it was terrible Raskelf may be expensive but worth every penny in our opinion. Used ours in the sahara at plus 40 and the alps at minus 25 and never had a problem and certainly not had this hot problem that some people mention.
Buy quality buy once:thumb::thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
We bought two standard toppers from
lidl about 5 years ago and they work perfectly.
But they are a bit bulky to store.:Smile:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
I bought 1 at the NEC for the better half and now looking at getting 1 for myself as she says it just great, a bit bulky to store is the only problem

what I can't decide is do I just buy the topper and use my sleeping bag or buy the complete set decisions decisions

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Raskelf are not only the best.

Very good customer service

Liz & Alan are very nice people who take time for you.

IMO there is no beter product than Raskelf.

I have two toppers and two Duvalay's.

Jim you should give Liz a call she is always looking for new places to advertise.

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Memory Foam

Hi Folks, we have two single beds at the rear of our Dethleffs and replaced the two standard fit concrete mattresses with two full memory foam yokes. we use single duvets and as the beds are always made up, there is no storage issue. The duvelays look to be a great product though. Give them a go, life's too short not to treat yourself to a wee bit of comfort.
Regards John

Last edited:
May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
They are made by Raskelf but they are different to their normal memory foam topper.

That's why I'm asking if anyone knows what they are like, cos they are different!
We use the ones by Raskelf and they are absolutely brilliant. Couldn't do without them!

OP
OP
sedge

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
The Duvalite is new according to their website, it is NOT their normal memory foan toppers, it is DIFFERENT.

Now there is no date on how NEW it is, so I therefore wondered

IS IT ANY DIFFERENT FROM A NORMAL USUAL MEMORY FOAM TOPPER (theirs or anyone else's) cos they say it is.

I thought it was a simple question. :Doh:

If you have got a Duva LITE could you please just answer my question, because so far I have three pages of telling me things I either already know or don't want to! :ROFLMAO:

I don't mind when it's a silly question, and I spose I shouldn't expect any more!!! :Smile:

I response to Hilldweller, I expect T'chap would love one Brian - but if I catch him with her - he best mind certain parts dear to him!

(Actually he positively radiates in bed, which is brill for my tootsies and the rest of me this weather, but not anywhere near so good when I still can't sleep at 3am at 30+ degrees C in an overcab bed - or previously an airless Greek apartment .......)

weejohnw

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richhill
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Started August 2008
Have looked at their advert, and this seems to be a replacement mattress.
As stated in earlier post of useless information, we replaced our concrete slabs with memory foam, and if this "stuff" is going to be even better - then go for it,
but my take on the advert is that this is not a duvet type cover, but a new product to replace your mattress.
And as stated earlier - life is too short not to treat yourself to a weeee bit of comfort.
It is just two years now since our only child - a young man of 19 years was killed in a RTA and we are glad we took the time to do so much with him.
Don't just think about it - do it and enjoy!
Regards.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
They are not meant to replace your excisting mattress as they are an overlay, two types, one an overlay, the other a combined sleeping bag.

Have had no adverse comments and they have been selling well in the showroom.

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/duvalay-memory-foam-toppers.html

Peter

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I have a memory foam topper in my trigano tribute
It smooths out all the lumps from the 52 piece jigsaw cushion double bed
::bigsmile:

OP
OP
sedge

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Yes if we had a jigsaw we too would - I feel sure - invest in a memory foam topper. (well - Pete would probably say It's not THAT bad - and so I would invest in one LOL)

But my question does not relate to either memory foam toppers ....... or Duvalays - I expect it's just that the Duvalite are made by Raskelf, that people are telling me all sorts of things which no doubt will be useful to someone - but just not ME !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back