Usually confused.

Free Member
Oct 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Malibu 640
Exp
Clueless newbie.
Currently away for a few days and wifey is complaining that the standard foam mattress is uncomfortable, not supportive and leads to a poor nights sleep. Changing the mattress seems mucho expensive so looking at toppers.

Want to sort this before we go for our longer summer break so interested in people’s experiences. At home we have an orthopaedic type mattress that suits my wife so I’m guessing we’re after something firmer. Anybody got any recommendations or alternatives to consider? There seems a plethora of toppers that I’m getting confused so help would be appreciated!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We've tried a couple of different toppers, but the best we have found by miles is the Raskelf, thats the the Duvalay people. It is unbeliveably comfy and unlike every other memory foam it doesn't get you hot and sticky.

Been asked a few times on the forum, what is the best accessory you have ever bought, and without hesitation I answer Raskelf Topper. I think they have changed the name to the fresh tec topper now. Be warned its twice the price of other toppers, but IMO three times as good. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 28, 2020
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola S687SP
Exp
We put this topper on the memory foam mattress in our van - neither of us like memory foam much. We just trimmed it up a bit to fit and tucked the extra covering in, much firmer now.

Upvote 0
Dec 20, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
PEUGEOT / ELDDIS
Exp
I'M A NEWBIE
You might want to try www.foam4u.co.uk I have been impressed by the comfort and quality. There was lots of foam grades to choose from so we went to check one out. Over Xmas I spent my first night in my campervan. But realized i need bespoke sheets

Upvote 0
Dec 20, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
PEUGEOT / ELDDIS
Exp
I'M A NEWBIE
My mate had one only them middle bit was memory foam. the firm i got my mattress from do toppers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
Yes Duvalay is pricey , but you only get what you pay for, Just sleep like a log.

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
Not sure I agree with that old adage to be honest Sometimes you just pay for the name
yes i can see that sometimes, but i have to say as someone else did they are very good . and the other adage
you cant be ripped off if your happy with the deal :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back