Mattress topper to bridge the gap? (1 Viewer)

Mar 7, 2018
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta 500
Exp
since 2013
I know the daft suggestions, but does anyone have a sensible solution to the problem of the leg which ALWAYS disappears down the gap between the 2 mattresses on a Hobby Siesta 2010 with LH side fixed french bed? Hubby is a reluctant MoHo man so I need to improve his overnight experience...is a mattress topper the answer, some say they are hot, as we wander in Europe during August that is a consideration...are they thick enough to bridge the gap, your advice please, thanks Jules x

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
It might be worth replacing the lot with a new mattress from somebody like:-

If I have understood correctly.

This would fix the gap problem and also be very comfortable.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
I had the same problem in our Hobby. Due to slats being separated like two singles, to allow for individual comfort I think! I found I rolled into centre of the bed. I changed to a Dolmeo. The space just accommodated a king size, the double being too small. This has helped but due to the nature of slat still find I roll into centre of the bed. Bought from Costco a few years ago, for just over £100. Not the lightest and it’s one of those compressed ones that expand After removing them from the bag. I don’t think I’ll have much luck trying to remove it from a traverse bed hemmed in by bathroom cubicle on one side and tech tower on the other.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2014
Oakham, Rutland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If you go down the mattress topper route, you can buy cool blue toppers which a not hot to sleep on, some firms offer 2 standards of cover, it is worth paying the little extra for the deluxe cover as they also help to keep you cool

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Also the toppers that are like egg boxes are cooler. The ripple side goes up.

We just bought a king size and cut it to shape with a bread knife. That voids the guarantee of course.

Amazon product ASIN B0047IMRRU
Lol we did the same with the mattress for our old Hobby . Tried and tested all Ikea mattresses . Chose , took home having chosen one with a zip cover. Opened cover laid old mattress on top . Cut to shape with electric carving knife . Redid zip , tucked extra material under and secured with large safety pin et voilà perfect and much cheaper than made to measure

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Julesv
Mar 7, 2018
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta 500
Exp
since 2013
Thanks very much, everyone had great suggestions as usual! I've gone with a firm in Kidderminster who make it all onsite, lots of colours & thicknesses to choose from, lets see how hubby fares in Spain this time!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Thanks very much, everyone had great suggestions as usual! I've gone with a firm in Kidderminster who make it all onsite, lots of colours & thicknesses to choose from, lets see how hubby fares in Spain this time!

If he is still not happy leave him at home and you will have even more room and a very comfortable sleep :giggler:

OP
OP
Julesv
Mar 7, 2018
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta 500
Exp
since 2013
Thanks Rosemary, but he is the navigator, I am just the driver so can't leave him behind. The gap is quite large Spriddler,so leg of any size falls in,plus the occasional arm...anyway thanks all it is now sorted and we are off on Monday, lets hope Spain keep their border open a little longer...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back