Mattress topper advice please (1 Viewer)

Katellibull

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Hi, I have recently bought a Trigano Tribute & have been away in it a few times now but feel the cushions are quite firm & not very comfortable.
Looking to buy some sort of mattress toppers but not sure what to go for.
Have been looking at the Duralay one but not sure if 2.5cm is thick enough.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Kat.:)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Buy a Raskelf expensive but by far the best.
We've had ours 7 years now used in temps of minus 27C to plus 38C been one of the best accessories we ever bought and super comfortable.

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I find our La Strada seats uncomfortable as a bed, even with a memory foam topper and use a camping mat (5cm thick) on top to make it tolerable.

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Yeah I think thats what they call them now. Ours was about £200 back then but that was for a king size RV bed just cut 2 inches off the width and it fits perfect in our Hymer. Only thing is they are exceptionally heavy. We did have a cheaper one originally but it was not very good uncomfortable and got hot.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Katellibull

Katellibull

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Thanks Mattyjwr, I just don't think the 2.5cm memory foam Duvaley would make much of a difference, not very thick.
I think I am looking at the wrong item Forestboy , the Duvaley is a memory foam topper with a sleeping bag attached :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Buy a Raskelf expensive but by far the best.
We've had ours 7 years now used in temps of minus 27C to plus 38C been one of the best accessories we ever bought and super comfortable.
Been thinking about getting a new memory foam mattress and then cutting it slightly :)

You're the first person who has said he's cut one. Was it easy, messy, frayed etc. Any info muchly appreciated :)

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Hi, I have recently bought a Trigano Tribute & have been away in it a few times now but feel the cushions are quite firm & not very comfortable.
Looking to buy some sort of mattress toppers but not sure what to go for.
Have been looking at the Duralay one but not sure if 2.5cm is thick enough.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Kat.:)

Forestboy's advice is spot on! Get the 5cm one, Mrs BB and self have one each and all our back problems are history! Expensive, heavy and a bit bulky but for a good nights sleep definitely worth it! If you can wait they usually do a discount at the major shows.

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Looks like this.
BB is correct they are heavy and bulky but fantastic quality anything else is a poor copy. Never had a decent nights sleep in m/home until we bought this now sleep better in the van than at home.

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Looks like this.
BB is correct they are heavy and bulky but fantastic quality anything else is a poor copy. Never had a decent nights sleep in m/home until we bought this now sleep better in the van than at home.

Seconded!

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Been thinking about getting a new memory foam mattress and then cutting it slightly :)

You're the first person who has said he's cut one. Was it easy, messy, frayed etc. Any info muchly appreciated :)

No mess the Raskelf is so dense its like cutting a block of clay no frayed edges I cut it with a big carving knife, in fact I still have the piece I cut off somewhere !!! god knows why.:sick:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
I don't have experience of others but 2 inches of Tempur memory foam is heaven to sleep on except if left to get very cold it sets rock hard like a brick until it is warmed up again !

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Our mattress in the van was much too hard so we bought a cheap 2"-thick double memory foam mattress on eBay - about £25. Cut the edge to taper the shape to fit our fixed bed, which was dead easy. Popped it in a single duvet cover and just fold the surplus sheet underneath (obviously, anybody skilled with a sewing machine could easily adjust the duvet cover, but we haven't bothered). Anyway, it transformed the bed for 3 years. Beginning of this year decided we could perhaps do with replacing it, but in the end bought a second memory foam mattress just 1" thick and placed it on top of the original. The bed is now sooo comfortable. As others have found to their pleasure, we now sleep better than at home.

Mike

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have two single beds in the Adria that were too wide for the Duvalay, and anyway we thought it was too expensive for what it was. So we too bought a 50mm memory foam topper on Ebay - had to get a Super King size one to get the right width and length for both beds and cut it to suit. Popped a mattress cover over both the bed and topper to keep it in place.

Can't get link to what I bought because I am away with only the tablet, but it was sold by a company somewhere near Horsham. Delivery quick and from memory it cost about £45.

If I was doing it again I would recomend the 75mm thivk one rather thn 50mm

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back