Mattress Advice Please. (1 Viewer)

Dec 27, 2013
Haydock
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2012
I have been waking up in the morning with sore hips & back after sleeping in Motorhome , it’s a Dethleffs with single foam mattress on curved slatted base, I sleep on a 5cm Duvalay topper.
Has anyone experienced similar?
Also, has anyone bought a replacement mattress, sprung etc ?
Any recommendations for suppliers etc ?
Many Thanks.
Neil.

OP
OP
Barney23
Dec 27, 2013
Haydock
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2012
I have sore hips after lying on my mistress :):D(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Notice you are in Haydock, we are in Ashton in Makerfield. We had a caravan about 7 years ago with rubbish matress. It was a strange shape. Went up to Eccleston Bed Centre near Wrightington, really good service from them. We gave them the measurements/ shape and decided on the spring numbers and quality. Within about 2 weeks we had a new comfortable mattress. Of course they don't make it but they have there suppliers. Since then we've bought several mattreses from them for the home and they give us a good discount. Can't rate them highly enough.

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
We have fitted a Froli sleep system to the drop down bed in our Burstner 680g and the difference is phenomenal. Bed seems comfier than the expensive mattress we have at home. You need the extra mesh panels when fitting to a slatted bed frame, but to be honest it looks like 2" plastic garden mesh fencing!. The Froli system is is not cheap but others on this forum have also said how good they are.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We had a night at Camping Jasmin a couple of weeks ago and whilst having a walk around Sutton on Sea saw this shop. (The van was parked outside the shop and gives contact details)...

Untitled sea.jpg

It is on the Junction of York Road and High Street.
I don't know if @Jim has heard anything about them?

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Our Dethleff came from new with a 20 cm thick 7 zone matteress with gel insert, according to Dethleffs its a 409 euro upgrade, most comfortable bed we have had in any caravan our motorhome, and Tracy has had a double hip transplant, and I suffer from a bad back and one bad hip but no aches from sleeping on it.

Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
We got a made to measure 8 inch deep cool blue memory foam version, from them, so much better then the one provided by Benimar

dawhite

Free Member
Oct 22, 2008
Funster No
Hi Neil, we have a Dethleff Esprit from new in 2102. We also found the mattress (two Single Beds) very uncomfortable. We also have the curved slatted base but just changed the mattress to made to measure memory foam(6'') and they are now very comfortable. In fact they were so comfortable that we changed our home mattress to the same memory foam.

regards

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back