Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
One of our reading lights over the bed lost its 'main beam' (there is no 'bulb' to replace) and the only replacement I could find cost £30 plus delivery £8.50 from Amazon. The price with USB is now down to £20 and free for prime. To change there are only 3 screws (the initial loosening then pull the cables out which are attached by 'chocolate bar' connectors. The 'small light' is blue rather than white.

lighteu, 12V 3W D1 USB Ceiling/Wall Spotlight, Nickel Finish, Reading Light turn and swivel with Touch Switch Dimmable warm White/Blue light for Yacht, Caravan, RV​

Amazon product ASIN B07J4BDXVR

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
One of our reading lights over the bed lost its 'main beam' (there is no 'bulb' to replace) and the only replacement I could find cost £30 plus delivery £8.50 from Amazon. The price with USB is now down to £20 and free for prime. To change there are only 3 screws (the initial loosening then pull the cables out which are attached by 'chocolate bar' connectors. The 'small light' is blue rather than white.

lighteu, 12V 3W D1 USB Ceiling/Wall Spotlight, Nickel Finish, Reading Light turn and swivel with Touch Switch Dimmable warm White/Blue light for Yacht, Caravan, RV​

Amazon product ASIN B07J4BDXVR
Our Hymer has 3 of these lights and all 3 failed within 4 years of having the motorhome. Got one replaced under warranty and bought the other two from Amazon at about the same price as you have posted. When (not if) the next one goes again I will probably replace the lot with cheaper basic ones. We don't need or use the little blue light or the dimmer facility, the latter of which I suspect is the reason for the failures.

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Our Hymer has 3 of these lights and all 3 failed within 4 years of having the motorhome. Got one replaced under warranty and bought the other two from Amazon at about the same price as you have posted. When (not if) the next one goes again I will probably replace the lot with cheaper basic ones. We don't need or use the little blue light or the dimmer facility, the latter of which I suspect is the reason for the failures.
Hi again Peter,
We find the white light is enough for us to get to the loo in the middle of the night and as we use tablets we rarely use the reading light unless the wife is interrogating me (usually if I give an unacceptable reply to what I consider an inane question.) :) Dimmer - meh.
As ever with motorhomes - something one person finds a great boon someone else never uses :)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi again Peter,
We find the white light is enough for us to get to the loo in the middle of the night and as we use tablets we rarely use the reading light unless the wife is interrogating me (usually if I give an unacceptable reply to what I consider an inane question.) :) Dimmer - meh.
As ever with motorhomes - something one person finds a great boon someone else never uses :)
We too get up to the loo in the night. Been doing it for over 7 years now so we can find it in the dark!! Don't like using screens in bed so usually books or magazines but sometimes Angela uses her phone with the light on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back