Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
hi all
we bought the van new in dec 15. very happy with it but there is a shortage of worktop space for the kitchen. I understand that there is a "filler" for the sink that provides more space but so far have been unable to source one.

I tried the "official" adria spares place "Bee Serviced Ltd" but, unbelievably, on their website it stated "sorry we are holiday for two weeks......" - surely that's the point of a website it just keeps track of requests and potential orders ?

i've just checked it again and they have now closed with the following comment embedded ".....and to provide a good level of service to our customers..." I don't think so.

rant over

if anyone can point us in the right direction it will be much appreciated

mannclan

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you have somewhere locally that sells timber they could soon knock up a shaped chopping board sink insert piece for you.

Also, some people have make a 'shelf' that sits on top of the panel behind the dinette seat to give extra space, it may also be possible to put a flip up piece of worktop on this panel level with the worktop.

Jan 23, 2017
Weeley Essex
Funster No
MH
looking at adria 690sc
Exp
since 2000
I have a Adria 690sc and this does not have a sink infill. Southern Motorhome centre can get them but it is two halves. Each costing around 70eur each. Mike sages teddy that I made one. I bought a wooden chopping board from the Range at £ 6.this is now in place and worked very well even with the washing up bowl in place.
Happy days.
Michael.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MannClan

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
hi all thanks for your replies.
have thought about a chopping board and may well go down that route.
not sure about the shelf 1st thoughts are that any thing on top of the dinette may well impede the drop down bed and anything on the kitchen side would be over the cooker - thanks anyway I will re-assess as always.

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi
I bought a silicone Roll mat for over the sink you can't use it as a chopping bored but its heat resistant and is quite good

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Geoff Cox Adria dealers can supply the sink cover they are expensive but match the rest of the worktop area just finishes it off

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back