Matrix 670 SL lights (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
Hi All,

When I turn on the lights on my Matrix 670 SL at the control panel, the 4 touch sensitive lights come on automatically. The 2 above the cooker are easy to turn off, but the 2 above the drop down bed are clearly more difficult.

Is there a switch/control that I should be using, or what am I doing wrong please?

All help gratefully received.

Thanks

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Although I switch off the control panel mainly when "working on/improving" the van, I unplugged the connection for the bed. We do not use the bed that often and we plug the light cable spade connectors in as required.
Interested to see if there is a better way.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
If they are like my Matrix then they shouldn't come on at all and only do so when touched. They should be touched to come on after they are powered up. You may have the problem that others have had whereby the lugs that hold them in the hole are touching the touch sensitive part. This can be solved by widening the hole or putting a piece of insulating tape between the lug and the touch sensitive plate. If your lights are coming on themselves at times this is the cause of the problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• matrix light.jpg
    matrix light.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 50
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
If the lights above the drop down bed are coming on, its probably that the little steel bracket on the micro switch is not lined up with the part of the bed mechanism, all you need to do is drop the bed about halfway and then bend the bracket until it lines up with the bed mechanism. Job sorted take 5 mins.

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Is the bed fully up ?????? usually they come on automatically when you lower the bed

OP
OP
C
Nov 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SL
Exp
If they are like my Matrix then they shouldn't come on at all and only do so when touched. They should be touched to come on after they are powered up. You may have the problem that others have had whereby the lugs that hold them in the hole are touching the touch sensitive part. This can be solved by widening the hole or putting a piece of insulating tape between the lug and the touch sensitive plate. If your lights are coming on themselves at times this is the cause of the problem
If the lights above the drop down bed are coming on, its probably that the little steel bracket on the micro switch is not lined up with the part of the bed mechanism, all you need to do is drop the bed about halfway and then bend the bracket until it lines up with the bed mechanism. Job sorted take 5 mins.
Is the bed fully up ?????? usually they come on automatically when you lower the bed

Thanks all for those replies. Not been able to get to the van for the past 4 weeks, so got it home today and had a look.
The tape on the 2 lights above the cooker looks to have sorted that issue.
When I took the mattress off and then put the bed up the light went out fine. On closer inspection, the previous owner had put on a new and thicker mattress from Custom Mattresses. So with that, and Mrs Cookie putting on a mattress protector and a sheet, the bed wasn’t going high enough up. Again, issue now resolved.
Thanks again all, the Forum to the rescue again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Mine comes on when any bed linen touched it as the bed went up. Having now disabled the lamps, the problem has gone away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back