Massive thanks to Eddie Vanbitz and Metatrak (1 Viewer)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Obviously not in this case, and yes I would personally do something if I seen or heard something.

When did I state that I would sit and watch it?
You did here ;)

Does anybody pay attention when a vehicle alarm goes off other than the owner?

but how many times have you heard a car alarm sound in a car park and nobody bother paying attention just saying.
I think that this is the misconception to be serious for a minute, we don't design our alarms to get peoples attention when sounding, but to make a scroat bugger off if they trigger one. Imagine if you were a thief walking down a road full of parked cars trying door handles looking for an unlocked door. If you pulled a handle and an alarm sounded, you would keep walking, and be well away from the car in the time it took anyone to look around and see whats going on. The person looking would simply see a car, with no one immediately beside it with an alarm sounding so there is really nothing anyone could do.

If you looked and saw a motorhome and the alarm was sounding and someone was passing stuff out through the window most of us would take a closer look, film the people, call the Police, which is why "normally" theives bugger off when they trigger an alarm.

Just cause its noisy doesn,t mean its unbeatable as this post shows.
I think that this post shows that the owner still has his van as the thieves were unable to beat the system

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
To be honest I would have rather they take it in my case and claimed on the insurance as that's why we pay it, but this option would have been no good in the ops case.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Heh Bubba how are they going to do community service with their hands chopped off. ????

I do agree with the hands idea mine is to cut off one finger for every offence. No fingers left start on their toes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2016
Wigan
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Over40 years
I just cannot understand how the growler was not heard. It is so loud!! We have In infact the growler alarm, was already fitted when we bought the vehicle. On Eddie and Lynn's advice we also had Metatrak fitted. We are very satisfied with Van Bitzs service. Theyre always willing to help and advice when weve had a problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
This particular site is tucked down a lane and a bit of a walk from housing so whilst there may be sounds carrying that an alarm is going off somewhere, nobody would have seen it.

Noone has actually said if the on site wardens were actually on site at the time. Are they expected to have a 24/7 presence, or are they allowed to go off site for a night out or whatever? If they were off site they wouldn't hear an alarm and if they subsequently walked around it looks like the damage on this MH was all inside so a cursory check walking past would have been ineffective.

Feb 17, 2014
Leek, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
V Line 635 Sport
Exp
4th year done and counting!
I would be having a conversation with someone high up in the food chain at the Camping and Caravan club, to explain how this was even possible with wardens on site.
Yes me to, I would be knocking on their door at the Coventry head office the very next morning.

Oct 27, 2019
Fareham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Heh Bubba how are they going to do community service with their hands chopped off. ????

I do agree with the hands idea mine is to cut off one finger for every offence. No fingers left start on their toes.
Be a clothes model in the BHF shop windows.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back