Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
Hi All,

We are all quick enough to run down bad service, but i must praise Marquis of Plymouth.

Just to let you all know what great service i have had with Marquis, at Lee mill ,Plymouth
My cooling unit had failed on my Dometic fridge, having phoned around and had silly quotes and time scales from some dealers, i called in to marquis last Friday, ordered and paid for it, and was surprised they said it would be with them on Tuesday, and sure enough it arrived from Germany Tuesday.

Great Service.:thumb::thumb:

Ian

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
We always found Marquis at Lee Mill to be most helpful; in fact we never had any problems with Marquis at other locations either.

John

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Although inevitably there are variations between dealers and almost every dealer will get some bad comments, I must say that I never had any issues with Marquis and found them to be polite and very helpful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Agree

Marquis in only a few miles up from me so I pop in occassionally on the way to Tesco Lee Mill to see Ryan Woodruff the salesman for a chat and bit off craic. :ROFLMAO:Did me proud when they bought me a new tyre which I mentioned in a previous post:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I had a gas reg fail 2 years ago and they changed it for me without any problems when I just turned up on a bank holiday weekend

Aug 10, 2012
Worthing.West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Empty Nest
Exp
Since 1972
Have often called in at the Lee Mill branch when on holiday.
Always found them very helpful and friendly.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I bought a skirt rail off the Preston/Riversway branch 4 mts in length two workshops and none would either cut or lend me an hacksaw for a minute, service none told me they didn't have one, my fridge broke first thing they asked what make of MH when it was something they didn't sell said it would be 3 months before they could look at it , standard Thetford fridge, won't be going again. Pete

Aug 10, 2012
Worthing.West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Empty Nest
Exp
Since 1972
I think that it is like any multi base companies- the service at each branch can vary.
Not making excuses for them but I wonder of the "tool" problem was a Health & Safety issue.
I was on a site this year when a motorcaravanner asked the lady warden if she had a ladder that he could borrow as he needed to get up to his van's roof.
"Sorry" she said. But then added " but if you happen to see the storeroom door open- and a ladder inside...."
She told me afterwards that they are not allowed to lend equipment under H & S rules in case the borrower has an accident.
If you still have problems at Marquis I would suggest that you write to the MD, Mike Crouch. He is one of the "nice guys" in the motorcaravan business.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I think that it is like any multi base companies- the service at each branch can vary.
Not making excuses for them but I wonder of the "tool" problem was a Health & Safety issue.
I was on a site this year when a motorcaravanner asked the lady warden if she had a ladder that he could borrow as he needed to get up to his van's roof.
"Sorry" she said. But then added " but if you happen to see the storeroom door open- and a ladder inside...."
She told me afterwards that they are not allowed to lend equipment under H & S rules in case the borrower has an accident.
If you still have problems at Marquis I would suggest that you write to the MD, Mike Crouch. He is one of the "nice guys" in the motorcaravan business.

Hi I know what you mean re the hacksaw but to say they had none in a garage was a bit rich, has it happens I managed to snap off a section across a drilled hole without damaging the rail so got it in the van and fitted ok. Pete

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
They must be very different from the Southampton (Lower Upham) branch then.

Wouldn't trust that branch to fix or even sell me a wheelbarrow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back