MH
Coach built
Exp
8 years
empty.gif
Marquis service

empty.gif
by redvwcamper Today at 5:12 pm

I have had my Cotswold in at marquis for some work to the consumer unit and repair to water heater ( all under warranty )
My problem is they have had it close on 5 weeks now
Does anyone know the name of the after sales director at there head office

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
empty.gif
Marquis service

empty.gif

I have had my Cotswold in at marquis for some work to the consumer unit and repair to water heater ( all under warranty )
:eek: You want the MD name, companies house

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
I bought a van from them 11yrs ago never again. Worst after sales service I have had the displeasure to encounter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Friends of our have recently bought an Elddis motorhome from them and are having problems getting their solar panel fitted and microwave removed and new cupboard door fitted (both of which were to have been fixed before collection). They say they never get a call back when promised and never answer the emails.

Don't think I would buy from them.

taralabradog

Free Member
Mar 27, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Elddis majestic 105
Exp
I bought a new motorhome from Marquis in February 2015.
Luckily there were only minor faults. However it took until September before the faults were dealt with by Marquis.
Most of those faults were bodged in my eyes but by then I wasn't letting them near it again so I have now arranged to have it serviced by a Peugeot local garage and an Elddis approved service centre.
The Marquis sales team are tremendous but I think that they are embarrassed and let down by their service and support team.
Thank heavens we only had minor faults.

Reactions: f6c

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
We bought from them,Never again
Don't know what the marquis are like near me at beedon now ,but I do know several years ago the manager had a serious attitude problem . I know this because I used to do freelance work and after a couple of run ins with him I refused to ever do anything else for that company ..because of him I would never ever buy from there . Roy

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I bought a van from them brand new in 2004 and the after sales and support was apauling to say the least. they haven't improved in all this time so would never buy anything from the company again

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
I bought a new motorhome from Marquis in February 2015.
Luckily there were only minor faults. However it took until September before the faults were dealt with by Marquis.
Most of those faults were bodged in my eyes but by then I wasn't letting them near it again so I have now arranged to have it serviced by a Peugeot local garage and an Elddis approved service centre.
The Marquis sales team are tremendous but I think that they are embarrassed and let down by their service and support team.
Thank heavens we only had minor faults.
Ditto that

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
empty.gif
Marquis service

empty.gif

We also had real problems initially from Marquis but by doing what you are considering i.e. contacting the CEO, it did work very effectively for us. Contact them/him immediately and I think you'll get the reaction you require.
Hope you get a quick resolution of your MH difficulties
Ian

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Just to strike a balance, I bought new from Marquis in 2014 (Golden Cross branch in the south). Had no problems with sales or after sales on my Elddis 155. Recently had a hab' check done at their Ipswich branch. Once again, no probs. Apart from the above, I've never needed to take the vehicle back!

I've heard moans on here for just about every dealership! Guess it's just the luck of the draw?

However to answer the OP, five weeks for that work is excessive, unless they are awaiting parts.

On the subject of solar panels, why go to a dealership when you can go to Eddie Vanbitz? He's a professional installer, is featured in many MH magazine articles AND you get a Funster discount! There are MH professionals on here too, like Dave Newell and Southern Cross Motorhomes.

Sep 24, 2013
Torbay, Devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1992
I have had a number of vans from Marquis at Lee mill Plymouth and have had no problems at all, sales staff great and never a problem with the service dept, any (rare) problems were quickly sorted without delay, I can only say as I find them, they have given me good service.
Don

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No matter what folk say lets take on board the OP..

FIVE WEEKS to do 2 or 3 hours work... Appalling

I do hope you have informed them you will be sending an invoice for tax and insurance it has cost while they have it !!

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Dreadful service. Even though they state they have a close relationship with the manufacturers, the always blame them for delays in getting work done. Wouldn't ever use them again.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
We bought our first van from Marquis - a new Bessie. It was like dealing with used car salesmen - but less professional.

For balance, we have just bought our first van from Marquis. I have to say that the sales team at Marquis Chieveley have been fantastic to deal with. At no point did I feel pressured and I felt more than happy to shake hands on the final deal.

They didn't even try and flog me gap insurance or paint protection!

Can't comment on the aftercare as yet but will happily share our experiences (both good and bad) as we go along.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
I have had a number of vans from Marquis at Lee mill Plymouth and have had no problems at all, sales staff great and never a problem with the service dept, any (rare) problems were quickly sorted without delay, I can only say as I find them, they have given me good service.
Don

The above experience is the opposite of ours. When we visited the Lee Mill facility the first thing we noticed was that the office was absolutely filthy. The second thing was the staff who were all young, disinterested and exhibited a "take it or leave it" attitude to our enquiries.

The TIncas

StickyWicket

Free Member
Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Bought our first M/H from Marquis, a Bessacarr 454 - on first service and still in warranty they tried to charge us for adjusting a cupboard door! Just got the impression that once the sale was signed customer service didn't matter. Needless to say we didn't consider them for our next purchase.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Just spoken to a chap on the site we are at who has a new Autosleeper. He had a problem with his fridge and asked Marquis to fix it but they couldn't do it for three weeks, and as he was touring the Cotswolds he called in the Autosleepers factory. Yes we can do it they said, but you have to pay us £19 inspection fee first! He paid up rather than argue, but what an awful attitude on a new van they had just built.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
We bought our van from Marquis in Birtley tyne and wear, and I could not praise them enough.They went out of there way when we needed some work done.A big thumbs up to all the staff. Mew.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
We bought our Benimar in November last year, Tewkesbury sales and after sales have been brilliant.
You obviously didn't deal with the Numpty then. We were offered his services when we called in to look at or chat about buying a Benimar a while back. The reception lady said "there is no salesman available but I will get the Numpty to speak to you. After having a pointless but friendly chat with a callow youth for 5 minutes we gave up and bought elsewhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back