Marquis Discount (1 Viewer)

Hellboy

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Funster No
We are looking to buy a new 2017 Benimar from Marquis...
The van is £54K with a £2K discount at the moment, so £52K
We have no trade-in so what sort of discount could we get?
Did anybody buy anything similar from Marquis at the NEC with a nice discount?

Last edited:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Wait a bit longer then something might happen to lower it more. Winter is a sparce time for them

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
On the other hand they may use the low sterling to Euro rate as a excuse to increase prices.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
When we bought our van new from Marquis a few years ago, the salesman said he may be able to give us £2k off - must be a standard spiel.
I offered 8k less and they took it, plus they threw in some extras too.
My advice would be to offer low, and stick to your guns.
You can always up your offer later

Marquis after sales service isn't great though.

Best of luck

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
I read up on marquis on this forum and they come in for lots of criticism for their after sales service. That said at the nec I agreed to buy a mobilvetta and I expect delivery in March. I have since learned that marquis had agreed to buy a set number of mobilvettas and these all have agreed buyers. They will be getting more but because of the exchange rate these will be offered at a higher price than the windscreen price at the NEC. For my model it had a "show" saving of £3000 and a tracker valued at circa £1000 thrown in. For all the benimars they were being sold with one years insurance included.
I did get a bit more off the rrp and a few extras included in the total price for no extra charge, the extras included; second 130 watt solar, second 95 amp leisure battery, rear steadies, awning and gaslow 2x11 kg.
So in short I think you can get more off or more included but be aware that anything from a euro zone is likely to be going up in price unless the pound makes an astonishing recovery very soon.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You should be able to get better than 2k, even if it is only in fitted extras such as awning, bike rack, solar, satellite, extra battery etc.......

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Bought a Swift Kon-Tiki 669 from Marquis at Chieveley (Newbury) last month. One of the last of the 2016 models at a significant amount less than the windscreen price with a number of extras thrown in.

Sent time thinking about what I wanted in a deal, rang them and took them through my offer explaining my rationale but also that I appreciated they needed to make a profit so they were still around when I needed them. I was also really clear that if they agreed to my offer, the deposit would be in their account within the hour and I would be in their office by close of play to sign the order paperwork.
They rang me back and said yes to what I wanted and the rest is history...

Despite the Marquis after-sale service coming in for 'lots of criticism' of these forums, I have to say that they have been brilliant and very easy to deal with. The team at Chieveley are a really good friendly bunch but like anything in life, you always get a better service if you are pleasant, calm and work with them rather than shouting and being awkward.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hellboy

Hellboy

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Funster No
Thanx for all your advice...note to ones self...'must try harder' and don't forget to ask for freebies

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Looks like we missed a lot of tricks when we bought from Marquis. Paid the asking price at the NEC. Saying that now the warranty is over we decided not to use them ever again despite their 10 dealerships nationwide which would have been far handier for us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back