marquis dealership (1 Viewer)

F

Frosties

Deleted User
hi, I am thinking of buying a motorhome from marquis dealers, but I have recently read on one of the forums that they do not have a good after sales service. does anyone else have any views on this.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
hi, I am thinking of buying a motorhome from marquis dealers, but I have recently read on one of the forums that they do not have a good after sales service. does anyone else have any views on this.

Admittedly it was a while ago (4 years), but we bought our first MH from them (Lee Mill, Devon) and during our gearbox problems they were very helpful - though the sub-sub- contractor that was supposed to be doing the actual repair left quite a lot to be desired. Eventually we traded for a different MH, with Marquis again, and found them very supportive. All of this happened just before and at the beginning of the 'merger' with SEA, so things may have changed since then, but any bad news must surely pale when compared with 'Brownpiles' reputation :whatthe:.
Which branch were you thinking of?
And there are lots of other dealerships if you have any doubts.

Not very helpful really, but it's the best I've got.:Smile:

John

sostas

Free Member
Nov 16, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Marquis

I would agree with JayDee - Marquis have many branches and the service can vary. We had an unfortunate experience with Marquis Newbury which was eventually settled after several phone calls and two letters to their head office, this was three years ago.
Conversely we had very good after sales service on a second hand 'van bought from their Tewksbury branch, this was six years ago. Sorry the info is so dated. :Smile:
Sostas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
Hi Frosties, I can say without any qualms that Marquis at Tewkesbury is the best place on earth to buy a Van and their after sales is 99%, we have dealt with them for more than twenty years, and they are like our extended family, and even though there has been different Managers there, over this time, we have always been treated with the utmost care and nothing is too much trouble, for any of the staff there, especially two years ago when we lost our Motor Home in the floods as it was down there for servicing, nothing was too much bother for any of them during this most upsetting time. I know that branches can vary, but I think there staff training is the same all over. So at the end of the day, you have to take a chance and see how the staff are where you are thinking of buying from. You didn't say where you were thinking of buying from, I live in the Midlands area. :thumb:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We bought our Starburst from Marquis of Ipswich - Stuart - and the aftersales were excellent, they sorted out the problems we had very well, I would recommend them.

Ginny

bikerchic

Free Member
May 6, 2009
Funster No

Hi if you take my advise, treat them as if they have swine flu, dealing with them could be the start of your worst night mare.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We brought 2 vans from Marquis in Poole and had no problems with after sales service. Living in Bristol I had reservations at first but any problems I had were sorted either by getting a local fix and them re-imbersing me, which they did. Or taking the the vehicle to the nearest Marquis branch at Tewkesbury for them to fix.

I would buy from them again if the had the right deal

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Dont know where you are but if you want personal service from well informed and knowledgable staff try us.

We give five years free habitation services as part of our commitment to after sales.

Peter

Tailendcharley

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Funster No
:Smile::Smile:

Peter,

How about you opening a branch up north....say at the start of Gods Country (North Yorkshire Moors) maybe at Pickering....what a great idea......::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Regards

:winky::winky:Smithy:winky::winky:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
:Smile::Smile:
Peter,
How about you opening a branch up north....say at the start of Gods Country (North Yorkshire Moors) maybe at Pickering....what a great idea......::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Regards
:winky::winky:Smithy:winky::winky:

Sorry Smithy, one medium size dealership is enough for me, no ambitions to get bigger at my age.

Getting more branches is a potential nightmare as has been proven so many times by the BIG BOYS, borrow money, get into big debt, large staff no doubt back stabbing each other, politics...........................NO THANKS

All my lot are happy bunnies and that reflects on the service they give our customers who end up as friends, not walking credit cards or notches on a salesman scoreboard.

Peter

Peter

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Marquis

We bought our Starburst from Marquis of Ipswich - Stuart - and the aftersales were excellent, they sorted out the problems we had very well, I would recommend them.

Ginny

I agree Ipswich team are excellent they have helped us out with our problems, and we didn't even buy our van from them ...great service

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back