Markets, shopping centres, boot sales in France (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Mum likes to walk through markets, not really just food ones but more general ones, car boot sales , shopping centres. No exact route planned yet but with the help of you funsters I might be able to put something more definite in place. We will be travelling kinda west until its warm enough.
Any recommendations and what day of the week?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Blaye is a good one if you are going that far, aire right on the market, sea and citidal adjacent, think it's Wednesday and Saturday but not sure(y):)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you are planning on staying north for a day or two, two good markets , one in gravelines , on a Friday and just the other side of the motorway at bourbourg on a Tuesday

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Just look for signs for "Vide Grenier" or "Brocante"on your travels especially on weekends . Be warned that sometimes they involve most of town centre and can even take up an aire . They are car boot sales and some that I have seen the are a bit crap but Brocante is slightly more refined . A while ago I downloaded a book on Amazon called "Serge Bastard ate my baguette " which gives you a good insight to the sellers and dealers and goings on these markets .

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just look for signs for "Vide Grenier" or "Brocante"on your travels especially on weekends . Be warned that sometimes they involve most of town centre and can even take up an aire . They are car boot sales and some that I have seen the are a bit crap but Brocante is slightly more refined . A while ago I downloaded a book on Amazon called "Serge Bastard ate my baguette " which gives you a good insight to the sellers and dealers and goings on these markets .
Brilliant book , there's another on , son of serge.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know this is totally what you didn't ask:doh: but if you like markets and ever get down around the south of France , make sure you go over the border into Italy to ventimiglia, think it's Friday's , a lot of them are the same but there must be five acres of stalls beside the sea, it's got the lot, and you need a day to get round it, love it.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
What a lovely daughter you are. (y)
I guess we both bite or tongue from time to time but hey shes my mum and owner of the "Vanesssa bills"..Im owner of the driver..good compromise (y)Owning a MH was her dream and to be part of it has just been amazing:)

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Auray in Brittany is one of my favourites. You can still buy a chicken - dead or alive!!
It reminds me of the London markets of my childhood. Old school.

Keith :cool:

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
If you get far enough south Mirepoix in the Ariege and
Forcalquier in Provence,both Mondays I think,are worth a visit
depending where you end up!

2015-08-19-19-35-46-2015288710.jpeg Mirepoix

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
If you like something a bit different,on the West Coast,there is a fish Market every day except Monday!! Scallops in season,are to die fore,bread van comes every day!! Plenty of shops.bit of construction site in distant,never bothered me!!

Lovely air at Le Tréport ,right next to Camp site,barrier is card payment,if full they don,t mind people parking in the side road by the air,very popular ,handy place if you need dog to vets to travel back also,Vets behind Intermarch Supermarket.

One of my favourite places,electric ,water,easy,waste service at end,they also have a French man who virtually lives on there,very helpful.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I guess we both bite or tongue from time to time but hey shes my mum and owner of the "Vanesssa bills"..Im owner of the driver..good compromise (y)Owning a MH was her dream and to be part of it has just been amazing:)

See! I told you so!
You're just a huge big softie.:)(y)

Await the tales of your travels as we're looking at our first foreign venture early next year.
BTW, has mum learnt how to shout yee ha in French yet for the line dancing nights?:giggle:
Have a fandabydozy time.

How many days now? Joy seems to have forgotten and wants reminding!:giggle:

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Dieppe has a very good market on saturdays a bit of everything & a good aire on the seafront or over by the ferry terminal happy travels Rod

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Huge market in Carnac on wednesday.
Concarneau had antiques and boot sale stalls on Thursday and normal produce market on the Friday that we were there.
Audierne market Saturday.
Also we found some good ones by chance just driving through towns and villages on route to next aire in mornings before 11am.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back