Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A Funsters meet at Blackpool would be great. Blackpool in 2010 was the Link Removed so plenty of people appreciate it even if I don't. Normally you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming there. However if someone were to organise a Funster meet in Blackpool I'm sure we'd all have a ball and the subsequent pic's of funsters messing at the pleasure beach and enjoying donkey rides would be a delight. :Smile:

It takes all sorts, we all know what we have booked, a Spanish site, that's just opened, where at the moment the pitches resemble long term parking at Heathrow. So I certainly won't be moaning, I know exactly what to expect, I'm going for a relax, hopefully get a bit warmish weather and have a few funsters around to have share a beer and paella with. Looking forward to it loads. :thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
(Quote Jim)...have a few funsters around to have share a beer and paella with. Looking forward to it loads. (unquote)

No Spanish Sweet White Wine ?????? :cry::Sad::winky:

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
A Funsters meet at Blackpool would be great. Blackpool in 2010 was the Link Removed so plenty of people appreciate it even if I don't. Normally you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming there. However if someone were to organise a Funster meet in Blackpool I'm sure we'd all have a ball and the subsequent pic's of funsters messing at the pleasure beach and enjoying donkey rides would be a delight. :Smile:

It takes all sorts, we all know what we have booked, a Spanish site, that's just opened, where at the moment the pitches resemble long term parking at Heathrow. So I certainly won't be moaning, I know exactly what to expect, I'm going for a relax, hopefully get a bit warmish weather and have a few funsters around to have share a beer and paella with. Looking forward to it loads. :thumb:

I think that the above just about sums it all up. I like this place, I have not had a problem with music intruding at all. I know Blackpool very well and this is absolutely nothing like.
The essence of a good holiday is not the place alone, it is the atmosphere, the weather and most important of all, the people who you share the experience with.
I have spent several very memorable and happy days talking with two lovely people you all know as Heyupluv.
No comments about money but take my word. Money cannot buy friendship.
Don't be bothered by some slight niggles. It is better to be in good company in sunny climes than freezing ones bits off back home.
Live and let live.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
I think that the above just about sums it all up. I like this place, I have not had a problem with music intruding at all. I know Blackpool very well and this is absolutely nothing like.
The essence of a good holiday is not the place alone, it is the atmosphere, the weather and most important of all, the people who you share the experience with.
I have spent several very memorable and happy days talking with two lovely people you all know as Heyupluv.
No comments about money but take my word. Money cannot buy friendship.
Don't be bothered by some slight niggles. It is better to be in good company in sunny climes than freezing ones bits off back home.
Live and let live.
thank's for that:thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I am looking forward to seing everyone again and to meeting new people too .... And it now is sure I will go to Marjal as my Boss let me know this afternoon I was allowed to have 10 days off :thumb::thumb::thumb: So I am very happy indeed::bigsmile:

See you all there!!

Amicalement

Frankie:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
And it will nice to meet Princess Frankie ........at long last :thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Good to see my people are on the ball and as effective as ever... Lol lol...

JJ

JJ,... Chris has been and checked the indoor pool and the fitness centre..as requested…. fabulous :thumb:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
::bigsmile:Well we are only going to see you lot::bigsmile:, it was a toss up between marjal or the chicken run, and the marjal won purely so that we can meet up with other funsters. As for what the place is like......I care not a jot, its bound to be new, the foliage etc wont have had time to mature like us lot:roflmto:, and there may be some teething problems, but I doubt any more than you would find on a CC site in the lake district:ROFLMAO:
If you dont look for it, you wont find it..........myself and my good lady wife are looking forward to a weeks relaxing with likeminded people:Cool:, see ya soon.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well... I am going to have a fabulous, fantastic, fabulous, fantastic time...

Nothing will stop me from having Fun at this gathering... not even if the Solex breaks down again... :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Proper food !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... I am going to have a fabulous, fantastic, fabulous, fantastic time...

Nothing will stop me from having Fun at this gathering... not even if the Solex breaks down again... :thumb:

If and only if, you are a good boy, I will cook you and the Princess a proper Steak Pie and Chips such as I cooked for her a couple of years ago ! Her lovely finicky daughter (foodwise) had 3 helpings !!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
If and only if, you are a good boy, I will cook you and the Princess a proper Steak Pie and Chips such as I cooked for her a couple of years ago ! Her lovely finicky daughter (foodwise) had 3 helpings !!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
what about the rest of us???:cry::cry::cry:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Shush !!!! There will be powdered glass in his portion !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I am lulling him into a false sense of security !!! His people are in a state of revolt and are now on my side !!!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
An announcement to prevent any possible misunderstanding which might cause offence in the future.

Due to very, very strict religious rules, my people rarely allow me to dine in private homes/motorhomes.

The Princess, of course, is her own person and her people allow her to do things that mine do not allow me to do...

Marjal here we come...

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
What I look forward to at a meet is completely different to what I look forward to in normal, day to day life...

I would not be able to stand too many trips up and down Sunshine Mountain but every now and again it is fun...

Peace and quiet and gentle walks etc are not what I attend a meet for...

At Marjal I expect... fun meeting old friends and boring them with new stories.

I expect fun meeting Funsters I haven't met before...

I expect some nice evenings in the restaurant whispering sweet nothings to the Princess.

A giggle or two in the bubbly sauna/hot tub thingy...

A few beers with the lads where we can moan about the women...

and all this in warmer weather than at home...

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
On a forum ???

Or have you read something that might be valid ?

Yes Brian on a forum ...this one.
Sorry but we could not live with a tannoy pumping out musak etc
I apperciate that some will not mind and that a meet can be great (we have been to some) but it has put me off and we were thinking of staying there next winter. :cry:

CampingMarjal

Free Member
Aug 26, 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
Funster No
Hi Funsters, Happy new year (a bit late though) I have been working on other Marjal areas these last days and I wasn´t able to read the forum, but I have now just finished reading all the thread and I will tell the site´s management some of the concerns you have pointed out.

As we are a young site, it is all that things you point out that help us improve. So please keep raising the issues you encounter.

Regarding the weather, I can say as a local, that we have had one of the warmest winters I remember, reaching 26º some days (which is insane for this time of the year) Yesterday night it rained and it was windy, today we have the rain again, but I do hope you can enjoy a wonderful weather for the time of the Rally.

PD: I, myself don't like the canned music

Cheers

Raimon

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Hi Funsters, Happy new year (a bit late though) I have been working on other Marjal areas these last days and I wasn´t able to read the forum, but I have now just finished reading all the thread and I will tell the site´s management some of the concerns you have pointed out.

As we are a young site, it is all that things you point out that help us improve. So please keep raising the issues you encounter.

Regarding the weather, I can say as a local, that we have had one of the warmest winters I remember, reaching 26º some days (which is insane for this time of the year) Yesterday night it rained and it was windy, today we have the rain again, but I do hope you can enjoy a wonderful weather for the time of the Rally.

PD: I, myself don't like the canned music

Cheers

Raimon
cheers Raimon:thumb: dont worry to much,as some people would just find something else to winge about,it's the british way=winge, winge, winge:Blush:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yes Brian on a forum ...this one.

Well our man in Marjal went from "I'm off" to "the greatest site in Spain" within a day. So which version do we believe ? Was he tortured ? How did they manage it in only one day, I thought FUNsters were made of stronger stuff.

Sorry but we could not live with a tannoy pumping out musak etc

Neither could I. I carry many tools that can cut wire, but I'd vote with my feet first.

it has put me off and we were thinking of staying there next winter. :cry:

I would not consider it but for the meet. A parking lot in the middle of nowhere would drive me insane. I need exciting places to walk and cycle and that means sea shore ( lake shore ) or mountains to me.

So we are singing off the same hymn sheet. I was just puzzled by the angst in a previous post of yours. Calm Down, it's only a camp site.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Munchie

The lastest..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i1QAtET0ok[/ame]

At this rate, they may even invite me and Mrs ShiftZZ as 'mystery campers' I could write a blog, you know the normal factual stuff, no fiction...

ShiftZZ -the best blog this side of my bathroom, has a ring to it...

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Marjal and the Funsters

Thanks Raimon for looking into the tannoy issue.

Also on a positive note a quoted from: 'Life is not a Package Tour'::bigsmile:

"Why do people say “travel broadens the mind”? Because travel forces you to think and behave creatively, and respond to situations you could not have anticipated. As a traveler, you literally have to see the world from a different perspective, which means saying goodbye to your comfort zone. However it is our ability to learn from experiences and embrace change, rather than react to it, that broadens our outlook. Ultimately, our appreciation and understanding of ourselves and our place in the world strengthens when we travel."

Link Removed

We've started packing!:thumb::Cool:

Andrew and Carol

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Well our man in Marjal went from "I'm off" to "the greatest site in Spain" within a day. So which version do we believe ? Was he tortured ? How did they manage it in only one day, I thought FUNsters were made of stronger stuff.

I was of the opinion that for a short while Mel and another funster were talking about a campsite in La Manga (this is a popular one with folk that over winter - and they do seem to park you within the same area your countryfolk are parked in eg brits in one part ,germans in another,Dutch another and so on) which the other funster was staying on at present before moving to Majal, and that is where some confusion has crept in eg 'dire' one day 'brilliant' the next, so i think some of the comments made were not about majal

otis the staffy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2010
Funster No
Marjal...Hi Funsters

Hi Mel good to see you arrived safe and in top form,sat here in chilly Nottingham due to start re-hab at Heart Clinic when given all clear hope to head back to France ect.Have now read all 22 pages of post and had a good many laughs thanks and keep posting along with all the other Funsters.Please pass on our best wishes to Chrissy and Miracle dog.:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Perhaps I should make myself clearer.....I and some m/homing friends of mine would not touch this site with a barge pole :Sad:

Ken, I was wondering... were you or these friends ever planning on coming to this meet anyway?

I would never visit sites like this in my normal life either but for a week's holiday hanging out with friends in sunny weather I make an exception... :beer:

I am really, really looking forward to it.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
We were thinking of a month at least there next winter JJ. :Smile:

I'll chop the tree down and put some gravel down at QMJ, Ken...Lots of peace and quiet and walks around there...:winky:

No charge but cannot guarantee sunshine at the same temperature as Eastern Spain...

Bring pies...

Attachments

• 02092009(011).jpg
    02092009(011).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 10062009(006).jpg
    10062009(006).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 02092009(004).jpg
    02092009(004).jpg