Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
so an honest opinion?,now that you have had time to settle in:thumb:
good or bad?:Smile:

I know that you were asking Mel but I would like to also answer. Last year I visited 46 campsites and this one rates in the top three. The only thing in my mind that lets it down at the moment is the supermarket is not very well stocked.
This afternoon I am going to the nearest town, Catral to have a look around so I will post whether or not there are other options.
At the moment the sun is shining and I can sit outside in shorts and a T shirt. I would definitely not be doing that in Gloucestershire at the moment.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
so an honest opinion?,now that you have had time to settle in:thumb:
good or bad?:Smile:

Good....... I agree with John, What I have seen in Spain ( and it is not many) it is the best ...so I bow to his wisdom

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
NOW... the music......today its gone....I have just gone outside to listen.....no music, none all morning

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well this is one camper who will not be using Marjal. :Angry:

KEN..Spain in general..it is a culture shock, or it was for me. and also it seems the opinion of some of the motorhomers on site here...its not like France or the UK, the landscape can be quite barren.....although there are lots of orange, lemon, and tomato plantation's,

The campsite's that we have stayed on are all set out into squares 65 sqm to 90 sqm and some bigger normally all being used..packed..many have filled there patch so every square inch is covered, "encampments" just keep adding bits on everything including the kitchen sink...so this can be a bit off putting ...it was for me...not what I am used to....But if you want the sun and heat, and over winter, this what you get.....shops are good,beaches are good, and of course many speak English , you can buy English food.

Many say don't wild camp...maybe that is the best option...who knows,...

We will try Portugal again next winter

Marjal...because it is new built to a high quality..and still quite empty at the moment you have not got the encampment feel....so to me what I have seen of Spain this is Good

(This is only my opinion, but I do try to give a honest opinion)

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Typical Yorkshireman. Just because they all grow up in the largest county in England. They think that next door is alongside. There are damn near two fields between us.
After all Mel has said he did help me out getting tv into my van. The points at the EHU are standard push in male connectors. Just run a cable from there to the back of your tv and tune in the digital channels. Plus, he and his good lady wife offered first aid after I took a fall. I thought I saw a centime on the ground and did a flying tackle that Wigan RFC would be proud of, scrapped all my knees and elbows. Of course it could have been the wine and the awning guy rope that did it.
The site really is fabulously clean and tidy and a lot of money has been spent on it.
As said the music is only at the car park entrance and round the plaza. Only heard a couple of hi de hi messages when we got here and they have stopped. Great selection of beer at the bar but it is pricey if you are here for a long time and I didn't manage a staff discount which I tried for. When I asked the barmaid for a discount she said something about roundabouts. My Spanish is non existent so I gave up on the idea.
To put the record straight it was my wife who managed the ferry deal. I had nothing to do with it.
ps. When we checked in here I was asked for identification and presented my photo card driving licence and my new ACSI camping card. The receptionist looked puzzled and asked why did I want to book in with ACSI and pay more as I had a special deal. The card was quickly put back in my wallet and all was well again.

pps. Whatever you pay to get here I am sure you will love it. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/images/smilies/thumb.gif

Now the Drinks.....you can tell John is half Yorkshire half Lancashire....4 drinks in the bar...2 pints....1 half pint....1 wine....6 euros:Eeek::Doh::winky:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Typical Yorkshireman. Just because they all grow up in the largest county in England. They think that next door is alongside. There are damn near two fields between us.
After all Mel has said he did help me out getting tv into my van. The points at the EHU are standard push in male connectors. Just run a cable from there to the back of your tv and tune in the digital channels. Plus, he and his good lady wife offered first aid after I took a fall. I thought I saw a centime on the ground and did a flying tackle that Wigan RFC would be proud of, scrapped all my knees and elbows. Of course it could have been the wine and the awning guy rope that did it.
The site really is fabulously clean and tidy and a lot of money has been spent on it.
As said the music is only at the car park entrance and round the plaza. Only heard a couple of hi de hi messages when we got here and they have stopped. Great selection of beer at the bar but it is pricey if you are here for a long time and I didn't manage a staff discount which I tried for. When I asked the barmaid for a discount she said something about roundabouts. My Spanish is non existent so I gave up on the idea.
To put the record straight it was my wife who managed the ferry deal. I had nothing to do with it.
ps. When we checked in here I was asked for identification and presented my photo card driving licence and my new ACSI camping card. The receptionist looked puzzled and asked why did I want to book in with ACSI and pay more as I had a special deal. The card was quickly put back in my wallet and all was well again.

pps. Whatever you pay to get here I am sure you will love it. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/images/smilies/thumb.gif

Now I was NOT going to mention the fall to save John's Dignity...but now he has mentioned it I will tell the whole story....we were walking out of his awning towards my motorhome...then all of a sudden WHOOOOOOSH this man came flying pass me.. he did a forward roll SAS style twice got up and said did you see that centime....I said Bl*** Y heck John you did'nt even give me chance to look

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Well here I am....sat on the Marjal site in Spain ......

Hi, we have looked at your brill pictures and would like to ask a couple of questions.

Are each of the pitches serviced - fresh water and waste water on each pitch?

The pitches seem to be solid could you confirm that we will be able to put our satellite dish, which needs to be pegged down on the pitch?

Is there any connections for terrestrial TV on the service point?

Thanks for your help

Ginny and Mike

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well here I am....sat on the Marjal site in Spain ......

Hi, we have looked at your brill pictures and would like to ask a couple of questions.

Are each of the pitches serviced - fresh water and waste water on each pitch?

The pitches seem to be solid could you confirm that we will be able to put our satellite dish, which needs to be pegged down on the pitch?

Is there any connections for terrestrial TV on the service point?

Thanks for your help

Ginny and Mike

Ginny & Mike
no1 ...YES
no2 ...YES ....yes you can peg down as dish many do....many have awnings pegged down
no3....YES......yes tv plug old type cable and old type connections analogue type

do not worry

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Why do you need so much leccy ? Forewarned is forearmed ! I shall be using gas for everything, cooking, heating and the the solar panel will charge up the batteries for lighting !
The only leccy I shall use is for charging up the leccy bike for the trek to the bogs etc ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

4kw per day.....let me try and explain....if I run my heating the electric alde wet central heating....for hot water it takes 1 kw per hour....If I put the heating on it takes 2kw for warmish background heating and takes 1 hour or a little longer before you start to feel any benefit....if you use the 3kw that takes about the same about 1 hour or more to feel the benefit....SO because there are not many sites on 16 amp mostly 6amp or 10amp and if they did have 16amp they have quantity restriction.....WE DO NOT USE THE 3KW..And have only used it ONCE at home to try it out!.......the 2kw the same we do not use it because of the time it takes to heat up the wet heating....so if we use any heating at all because the motorhome is winterized with double floor it is quite warm so a 750w blow fan heater for 1 hour is enough.......now if we can get gas any time that is different because within 10 mins the heating on gas it is red hot although you do go through a bottle a week....that’s ok I can get gas in France and Portugal, UK no problem....not that easy here in Spain and I am not travelling 150km just to pick up LPG gas....:Doh:

Marjal the 4kw per day......motor homers with trauma blow heating you will be fine.....like the one we had in fitted in our other motorhome .... No problem, we could go a month on one 11kg bottle, and we as always carried two 11kg bottle no problem and that was with cooking and fridge /freezer....so the 4kw electric would be ample......

We do NOT use the on board heating, we just the fan heater now and again and stretch the gas out till we can get back to France in a months time....so we are ok...we are not cold people most of the time,

BUT what I say on HERE some people are taking it too far,…..taking it as gospel... when I said it takes 4kw in a hour....doesn’t mean I am using it!..IT’S NOT ON....I was just stating a fact:Doh:

Now the alde wet heating I paid a extra 2500 euros for it fitted, what a waste of money …if I knew then what I know I would have kept the trauma blow heating that they normally fit in the price!....WHAT A WHITE ELEPHANT on electric….but saying that, when on GAS the whole motorhome is hot, under floor and garage, front windows every where beautiful ….but electric a NO NO

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Mel

Can you be aware that 103 Squadron will be there at 04:00, so lights out, head dow. We can rescue you...

OK Dave 04:00 what colour will the squadron planes be.....just in case my night glasses work...did you say Green:Doh:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I am completely lost now. :cry:
If I was on a site and there was canned music I would be off somewhere else instantly.
I don't like the look of the "add ons" i.e. electric.
I want a price per month of pitch, 16a leccie and if possible wi fi.
We want peace and tranquility, not Blackpool with sun.

So which is it????? :Doh:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Perhaps I should make myself clearer.....I and some m/homing friends of mine would not touch this site with a barge pole :Sad:

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
It's not far to Alicante is it ?

From the old "Marjal" to the LPG (GPL) sation Marjal side of Alicante is just under an hour,,,, and has good access..

From the new "Marjal", I would not think much further or longer.. Brian.. :thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
From the old "Marjal" to the LPG (GPL) sation Marjal side of Alicante is just under an hour,,,, and has good access..

From the new "Marjal", I would not think much further or longer.. Brian.. :thumb:

Thanks old Mo...:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am completely lost now. :cry:
If I was on a site and there was canned music I would be off somewhere else instantly.
I don't like the look of the "add ons" i.e. electric.
I want a price per month of pitch, 16a leccie and if possible wi fi.
We want peace and tranquility, not Blackpool with sun.

So which is it????? :Doh:

Why all the angst ? No-one is forcing you to go there.

As a rally it has a lot going for it. Everything except electricity thrown in and a good rate. Facilities second to none. Seriously good chance of excellent weather.

All will be revealed in 6 weeks.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Just my opinion Brian from what I have read. :Smile:

Not the facilities I or many of my m/homing friends would call "second to none". :Smile:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
No need for me to be Jealous Chris.
I can go where i like when i like.
All I am saying is that it not the kind of place i or many of my friends would want to be. Canned musak??? Oh Please!

:Smile:
as they say!! dont knock till you'v tried it.:thumb:
canned music wont bother me one bit,as i will be out and about most of the time,not couped up on a complex reading or sunbathing(boreing),i like's to get about when im on hoiiday,just use the place as a base:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

It's about 25 miles, so shouldn't take long.

Only niggle being 50 miles of diesel added to the tank of LPG approx doubling it's cost but not the end of the world.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
It's about 25 miles, so shouldn't take long.

Only niggle being 50 miles of diesel added to the tank of LPG approx doubling it's cost but not the end of the world.

If you run short Brian... I can run you up with your bottles... :thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It seems to me that if they bin the canned music then it's a top notch site. I doubt the electricity will bankrupt anyone. Add some warm weather and a nice group of people and it's great. :thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
It seems to me that if they bin the canned music then it's a top notch site. I doubt the electricity will bankrupt anyone. Add some warm weather and a nice group of people and it's great. :thumb:
it's no big deal to walk up to reception and ask for the music to be switch off:RollEyes:so people can chill in peace:thumb:
but im at a loss to think of a reason why ken would need lecky as he has solar??
but! me being in a bungalow,the lecky and the gym,and spa is all in the price:thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We all form opinions of sites to a great degree by what others say about them.
Now we don't sit around all day soaking up the sun or reading. We are walkers and like a run out to different places to get to know the area.
But if we were that would be our right as we have paid for the site same as everyone else.
We always try to be as quiet on site so as not to disturb other campers (who may have small children who need an afternoon nap).
In my day it was called "respect"

So maybe Blackpool in the sun is for some I am just saying it is not for me or many of our friends.

I too a entitled to my opinions. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back