LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Mel, for gawd sake man .... Unroll that bloody EHU lead before you have a fire in it !!!!! :Eeek:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
How much does the electric cost, based on the "usual" appliances ???
Good news about the LPG !!!

Salopian....we are not sure till we leave

As we are using our ACSI card...

Which says the cost includes 4kw per day (not a lot)....then its 35c for every extra kw you use on top...and as it was cold last night....as my Alde wet heating runs on a minimal 1kw for hot water and 2kw per hour for warm heating or 3kw for hot....we will use our quota in one hour with fridge,freezer and kettle and any cooking we do:Doh::Eeek:
Blue skies and sun today

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I will be there on Sunday afternoon. At the moment down the coast at La Manga. Last night was very cold but wall to wall sunshine now.
John

John we had just left LA MANGA yesterday.....missed you:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Mel

I am hardly inspired and as for 'the best campsite it Spain', the rest of them must be dire, it looks like a Carefour Carpark with the odd bit of privet stuck between the pitches.

What the eco camping bit?

What would you give it out of 10?

ShiftZZ

Dave....YOU have hit the nail on the head:Eeek:.........I will PM you......:Eeek: I am a celebrity get me out of here:cry:

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
John we had just left LA MANGA yesterday.....missed you:Doh:

We have not spoken to any British people since we got here last Tuesday. We are down at the beach end and are surrounded by Germans and Dutch people. Very nice and quiet but it does look a bit like a shanty town at this end with everyone's constructions and sheds.
I think that this part is normally for very long stay residents.
We got a deal on camping cheques with the ferry booking and this was a site which we could use some of them up on.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Mel, for gawd sake man .... Unroll that bloody EHU lead before you have a fire in it !!!!! :Eeek:

IF YOU ARE LURKING .....JAWS....SHOW YOUR BL**DY SELF....ARE YOU IN DISGUISE AS A WASTE BIN, LAMP POST, A THIN TREE .... THAT IS ALL WE CAN SEE AROUND US.....OR ARE YOU THAT SMALL YOU LOOK LIKE ONE ONE THESE SMALL PRIVET PLANTS DAVE (SHIFTZZ) HAS MENTIONED :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:....MY CABLE IS ALL WOUND OUT..... EITHER YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE WRONG VAN....OR ARE JUST MAKING A WILD GUESS......HOPING I WILL FALL FOR IT, AND ALL THE TIME YOU ARE IN THE UK:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Dave....YOU have hit the nail on the head:Eeek:.........I will PM you......:Eeek: I am a celebrity get me out of here:cry:
why pm? let us all know:Smile:
remember it a new build,and only just opened,thing's need time to develope,and establish:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We have not spoken to any British people since we got here last Tuesday. We are down at the beach end and are surrounded by Germans and Dutch people. Very nice and quiet but it does look a bit like a shanty town at this end with everyone's constructions and sheds.
I think that this part is normally for very long stay residents.
We got a deal on camping cheques with the ferry booking and this was a site which we could use some of them up on.

JOHN we stayed two nights, and that was two night's toooo long, I could not get away quick enough, what a place it is, my idea of living hell:Eeek:...half way up, it is like the UK all Brits...CCC rally...WOW they are there for 6 months most of them..they are made of strong stuff...geeesus.......we was half way up,half way down you need your angina tablets just to one way or the other..we moved three times...in the hedges was rat bait boxes :Eeek:....now before that we was on MAZARRON the one on the beach ...or I should have said Camp German Mazarron......it was like a closed in all in metal cages Stalag camp..it was clean:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
JOHN we stayed two nights, and that was two night's toooo long, I could not get away quick enough, what a place it is, my idea of living hell:Eeek:...half way up, it is like the UK all Brits...CCC rally...WOW they are there for 6 months most of them..they are made of strong stuff...geeesus.......we was half way up,half way down you need your angina tablets just to one way or the other..we moved three times...in the hedges was rat bait boxes :Eeek:....now before that we was on MAZARRON the one on the beach ...or I should have said Camp German Mazarron......it was like a closed in all in metal cages Stalag camp..it was clean:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I know precisely what you mean. If it had not been the fact that I am a tight Lancastrian I would have bolted several days ago. Not really found one redeeming feature yet. Still only one "free" night to go and then the escape committee swings into action. I think I will be crossing this one of my must see again, sites.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
why pm? let us all know:Smile:
remember it a new build,and only just opened,thing's need time to develope,and establish:thumb:

Chris this site is new.... so at the mo lack's character....Very nice..Very clean, to a high standard. in the middle of !! nowhere at the side of the motorway,windy at the mo... as the other funster said (that is here already in a RV) you will need transport of some shape or form ....maybe just a bicycle ....depending where you get allocated

What Dave said is "I am hardly inspired and as for 'the best campsite it Spain', the rest of them must be dire, it looks like a Carefour Carpark with the odd bit of privet stuck between the pitches."

That is what I will PM Dave about.....chrisgreen.... Don’t forget these are just my opinions..how I see it...yours may be completely different

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Chris this site is new.... so at the mo lack's character....Very nice..Very clean, to a high standard. in the middle of !! nowhere at the side of the motorway,windy at the mo... as the other funster said (that is here already in a RV) you will need transport of some shape or form ....maybe just a bicycle ....depending where you get allocated

What Dave said is "I am hardly inspired and as for 'the best campsite it Spain', the rest of them must be dire, it looks like a Carefour Carpark with the odd bit of privet stuck between the pitches."

That is what I will PM Dave about

i understand what you are saying:thumb:maybe next year might be the time to start judgeing the place:thumb:
are the bungalows finished yet?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Dave....YOU have hit the nail on the head:Eeek:.........I will PM you

Come on, spill the beans. Tell all.

Not that it matters to us, we'll be there on the 5th but FUNsters or not we'll be off pretty sharpish if it's crap. We're not spending all that money for anything less than excellent. Though "excellent" might be a Tesco's car park with the right people. What does concern me is the surroundings, we can't be cooped up in a car park all the time. How near is something worth cycling to ?

Forewarned would be good.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I know precisely what you mean. If it had not been the fact that I am a tight Lancastrian I would have bolted several days ago. Not really found one redeeming feature yet. Still only one "free" night to go and then the escape committee swings into action. I think I will be crossing this one of my must see again, sites.

My wife's words exactly....we will never come here again...

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Come on, spill the beans. Tell all.

Not that it matters to us, we'll be there on the 5th but FUNsters or not we'll be off pretty sharpish if it's crap. We're not spending all that money for anything less than excellent. Though "excellent" might be a Tesco's car park with the right people. What does concern me is the surroundings, we can't be cooped up in a car park all the time. How near is something worth cycling to ?

Forewarned would be good.

BRIAN you will be fine....as you are all together....funsters making fun... plus what they have on offer TENNIS, DANCING, BINGO,HANDY CRAFT DAY, SWIMMING,......its a campsite...........................music playing in the background ..all the time..(after a hour I have enough of the music ).a like bit Frank Sinartra.the Carpenters...I would prefer a bit of peace and quite time to relax....then your BING BONG camp loud speakers like Butlins,Pontins Maplins Hi-De-HI..

Also Brian we do not carry bikes.......but you need one just to get from one end to the site to the other....if you are a good walker ok or you pull or carry some form of transport you will be fine....you had better ask the other funster Lancer....it looks like he as been here longer and can give you more information than me
Don’t forget these are just my opinions...yours may be completely different:winky:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
PING PONG.....BINGO TONIGHT IN THE SOCIAL ROOM......PING PONG...THAT IS THE LATEST TANNOY MESSAGE

WOW:Eeek:

Now ....I am keeping up to date with the latest info:winky:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
PING PONG.....BINGO TONIGHT IN THE SOCIAL ROOM......PING PONG...THAT IS THE LATEST TANNOY MESSAGE

WOW:Eeek:

Now ....I am keeping up to date with the latest info:winky:

OMG Not Tannoy messaging, oh how I hate that...... reminds me of Butlins

music constantly playing as well eek ..... why would they do that, understand at a restaurant or like , not a happy bunny

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
YES.......
good! cause that's what we will be in from the 3rd -25th and a car on hire for the duration,as long as the beer is cold,and plenty,im sure the funsters will enjoy it:thumb:cant wait:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
The toilets, the Showers, the wash facilities ......first class...the invalid toilets first class...the outside for washing pots first class....and if you like pampering and washing your dog,.. there is a room for just that :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Don’t forget these are just my opinions...yours may be completely different:winky:

Any honest opinion is greatly valued and you're right, we are all different.

>> TENNIS, DANCING, BINGO,HANDY CRAFT DAY, SWIMMING

Tennis - zimmer frame gets in the way.
Dancing - oh no, no, no, no, no.
Bingo - if it's Bingo or hanging from a washing line by my testicles, it's got to be the washing line.
Handy Craft - might be interesting. How to make a hacienda in 10 days will do nicely.
Swimming - OK.

Muzak - I can't stand any noise if I want to read, one interrupts the other. I can't stand noise if I'm working. If I want music, I concentrate on music. Clearly not a multitasker. That's just me. Now 'er indoors can't survive without noise, so I bought her a good pair of headphones.

Have you sampled the bars/restaurants ? Pricey ?

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004

music constantly playing as well eek ..... why would they do that, understand at a restaurant or like , not a happy bunny
ping pong,could the wife's of chrisgreen and sheriff please come and collect them as they are drunk in the bar:ROFLMAO:

im sure a quite word with ramon will sort out any issues we have with tanoy's,and music:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Any honest opinion is greatly valued and you're right, we are all different.

>> TENNIS, DANCING, BINGO,HANDY CRAFT DAY, SWIMMING

Tennis - zimmer frame gets in the way.
Dancing - oh no, no, no, no, no.
Bingo - if it's Bingo or hanging from a washing line by my testicles, it's got to be the washing line.
Handy Craft - might be interesting. How to make a hacienda in 10 days will do nicely.
Swimming - OK.

Muzak - I can't stand any noise if I want to read, one interrupts the other. I can't stand noise if I'm working. If I want music, I concentrate on music. Clearly not a multitasker. That's just me. Now 'er indoors can't survive without noise, so I bought her a good pair of headphones.

Have you sampled the bars/restaurants ? Pricey ?

Brian, all what you have said above, is me to a tee...i would just like some peace and quite when I want.....if I want muzak I will ask for it.....but this ....NO.....if you don't like muzak full whack keep well away from the toilet area when booking in it is very loud..... as we only arrived late yesterday afternoon...and spent most of my time keeping you funsters up to date....so not checked the bar out...
:Doh:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Sorry Champers ......I am afraid so.....for me "HI-DE-HI" I thought them days had gone …Butlins ....not my scene

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Tunnel or over the wire !!!

This is not looking good at all !:cry::cry::cry:

Ping Pongs
Announcements
Bingo
Tap dancing
Muzak !!!!!!
Tennis
Swimming
Any form of exercise
In the middle of nowhere

All anathema to me !! I am with Brian on this one.....testicles on the line ! Has an escape committee been formed yet ? :whistle::helpsos::shout:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Brian, all what you have said above, is me to a tee..

I have been know, in a pub that's not busy, "if you can't reduce the noise we'll have to eat elsewhere".

Rap. Don't get me started on rap.

If it's rap or hanging by my....... well you know the line now.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just a bit of info a word to the wise .....if you have large piece of green matting..some normally carry it all the time for the awning....fetch it with you.....or fetch a large ground sheet..you will need something...every bay the floor is that very fine white grit like cat litter Mmmmmmm everywhere looks clean.... but it is terrible not good for the motorhome inside floor.............or you will be sweeping out daily:cry::Doh:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
..every bay the floor is that very fine white grit like cat litter

Thanks for that, I asked someone else, but never got the answer, I was wondering how we'd peg down an awning.

I can live with that. You should see the mud I hosed out of our ski locker after our last trip, I could have planted up a tree with it.

Only other thing that will interest us all is the supermarket.

If you get caught sending these messages will they hand you over to the secret police ? All the roads in Tenerif were built by the slave gangs of the secret police I'm told. So best keep your cyanide pill on you at all times.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Brian .....I noticed on another thread you are stopping at Saragoza on route down....Mmmm have you stopped there before....we did it coming down its like Beirut ....as there was nowt else..... cost us 21 euros + over charged us twice and we was only there the one night...two girls in the office speak very good english charged us for electric even though we kept saying no electric....and we did not plug into to the ehu....but on the bill they disguised it under the word lux ?????....I think it was around 4 euros WHAT! for only a few hours we would be there...
Building works all around you, windy...windy ...windy WOW was it windy and -8c that night...tumble weed blowing all around you
:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back