Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just had this via email.
May be handy for some..

Long term offers:

It includes 90m2 Confort Pitch with two adults + 4kw per day + water + drainage + TV connection from 357€/month.*

Broken Link Removed

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's about as big and impersonal as a site can be. Catral is the local town and it's a good walk away and OK-ish. It certainly wouldn't be my first choice for Christmas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
heard a lot about this site, what is it like over Christmas and New Year?

I am with Jim... Would not be my choice either..
HUGE site, we had a Fun rally there in 2012 just after it opened. Being a group of over 30 vans and Funsters we had a great time creating our own entertainment. Have stayed while passing through for a few days at a time.
Depends on what you want for Christmas and new year. Small local town but a fair walk away unless you have bikes.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
It's an utterly MASSIVE site with great facilities, but it's miles from anywhere, and with a fair bit or motorway noise (it's right next to the site, and the big earth noise barrier only partly shields it).

Local smallish village is Catral, 20 mins walk (got a fantastic Indian restaurant though)
Nearest town is probably Crevellente, very rough.
Coast is a fair old car journey.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I think there are two resorts covered in this offer? We have driven past the Guadamar one on the AP7 and it is huge, but we also spent a night en-route south at their sister resort on the coast just off the National road, the N332 and on the banks of the River/Estuary Segura.
It is still a bit isolated but a 5 min cycle ride into the village for supplies. I was told there were nice walks along the beach but the track to the beach was muddy due to a recent downpour.

Untitled.jpg

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
heard a lot about this site, what is it like over Christmas and New Year?

Same as any other time. Massive car park some distance from a nothing old industrial town with no industry and worse the locals use the lovely swimming complex and bars so campers can't get in at weekends.

Well that sums up our last visit.

First time was better, cheap deal and no locals.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
I think there are two resorts covered in this offer? We have driven past the Guadamar one on the AP7 and it is huge, but we also spent a night en-route south at their sister resort on the coast just off the National road, the N332 and on the banks of the River/Estuary Segura.
It is still a bit isolated but a 5 min cycle ride into the village for supplies. I was told there were nice walks along the beach but the track to the beach was muddy due to a recent downpour.

View attachment 243845

I don't think so from the wording of the advert.

The offer refers specifically to the Marjal Costa Blanca site, (and not to the Marjal Guardamar site).

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks everyone for your replies, your comments coincide with our own thoughts. Do any of you have any suggestions for a warmer, Christmas, new year venue?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I thought Benidorm was great, had a week in March and another planed for September. Possibly not everyone's cup of tea but we really enjoyed letting our hair down enjoying just a fraction of what Benidorm has to offer. (y)

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Try looking at the C&CC winter sun rallies. They match ASCI rate for anything less than 61 days, after that even cheaper.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
The site is open all winter we go to their restaurant a couple of times a month between November and may.
C CC rally starts in October through to end of March so site does not close.

Sorry guys but the website seemed to show the site was only open to end October, but have known websites to be inaccurate.

100brian

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
since 1990
Don't know about the web site but have called in there for years over the winter time always open. lots of full timers live there also.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
As someone mentioned earlier, I think there are two sites of the same name that are being confused. One is along side the AP7 (nice) and the other is close to the beach near the N332.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back