Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Shall I buy map of Europe or map of France and Spain ? Any ideas suggestions welcome thanks

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i say buy the cepsa mapamax of spain and portugal. either off amazon at home or if you can get one in spain .
for france there are other maps i use a kummerley+frey atlas routier . bought if france . much better than michelin or other usual map books .
but every one as their own favourites .
best not use sat navs . have an adventure . avoid toll roads ,motorways etc there is always a nice small road going in the same direction .

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Shall I buy map of Europe or map of France and Spain ? Any ideas suggestions welcome thanks

Very very difficult question. I've been there. Wandering round shops like a lost soul.

You get maps with such a big scale it takes 10 pages to go 100 miles.
You get maps with such small scale you can't find France.

Swearing at them does not help the view but it does feel good.

The best is Maps With Me, Android. All free and all down to street level when needed.

Now you are even more confused.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
If you need hard copy maps, then in my opinion you can't beat the Michelin maps. Amazon deliver them very quickly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Lol its taken me ages looking at what to buy I like to have a hard map with me confused I most certainly am thanks for responding

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Here you go, yours for a tenner.....(y)(y)

lost-island-treasure-map-brown-gerry-slabaugh.jpg

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Cap'n Jack, I'll give you Twenty!:D
Ahhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrr........Bertie me lad. Why, you an me could set sail tommora......Treasure Island be our goal. Cap'n Flints treasure lies near to Spy Glass Hill. We could be rich, matey, pieces of eight to spend on the big breasted mulatto..(is that racist now)? sluts of Tobago. Ahhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Right, do I get the part??? :):):)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Ahhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrr........Bertie me lad. Why, you an me could set sail tommora......Treasure Island be our goal. Cap'n Flints treasure lies near to Spy Glass Hill. We could be rich, matey, pieces of eight to spend on the big breasted mulatto..(is that racist now)? sluts of Tobago. Ahhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Right, do I get the part??? :):):)

Yep, but only if I've won the Euromillions tonight! Sighs and already knows the answer:cry:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yep, but only if I've won the Euromillions tonight! Sighs and already knows the answer:cry:
You know, your a great disappointment to me, Young Allsort. :( When I first got chatting to you, I thought, 'Hey, Bertie could be my pirate chum, and we could sail the Spanish Main together, in our own ship, capturing and plundering galleons, committing acts of foul pirate debauchery on young gentleladies.........Now your telling me it's a non starter.......All my plans, from being a kid, to be a pirate, shattered. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

swine......

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
You know, your a great disappointment to me, Young Allsort. :( When I first got chatting to you, I thought, 'Hey, Bertie could be my pirate chum, and we could sail the Spanish Main together, in our own ship, capturing and plundering galleons, committing acts of foul pirate debauchery on young gentleladies.........Now your telling me it's a non starter.......All my plans, from being a kid, to be a pirate, shattered. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
swine......

I'm up for that................. whatever it means!:sneaky:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Well, it's a bit like Aldershot on a Saturday night, except that young gentleladies don't smell of fish, and weigh in at twenty stone. (y)

Like I said, I'm up for it! But without the fishy bit...........well, it's going to be hard.:sneaky::sneaky:

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
So strange Years ago in went to France to a place called Veselay I was so disorganised I didn't have a map but found the place. Before that I've traveled belgium and Holland racing with a crap map never got lost.
But now I wanna travel through France to Spain and back I have no idea where to and don't realy mind just would like to find some sun. And I'm taking tom tom nexus with navfree loaded and want to take a few maps too I must be getting silly in my old age.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I looked at several maps, and found it difficult to find one that did everything I wanted. So I have now bought a globe the size of a football which I have screwed to my dashboard. The only downside I have found with this going around sharp roundabouts I do sometimes change continents. Be warned do not get stuck in South Africa on a dark night find another roundabout quickly.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Jenny favours Michelin for France and Cepsa for Spain. Personally when she shows me where she is planning for us to go I haven't got a clue where we are as the scale is much too big for my small brain to take in. I like to look at the front of the Michelin book that has a map of the whole of France on one page.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back