Many consider me as being intelligent clevor and an all round good egg. (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Many consider me as being intelligent clever and an all round good egg, however, I have no idea what is meant by the phrase #tag. Any reference to twitter facebook or e-bay will gain the same response as I don't use them either...…..So in single syllable easy to understand southern pronunciation.
WHAT IS #TAG..:)

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Its how sites like Twatter, Instagram and even Facebook now use to filter/ trend information.
On Instagram for instance, I put a handover photo up and want to gain more visibility, I can use #motorhome which will display my handover photo on any page that has motorhome in it.
Equally, I could take a photo of a Bee and use the hashtag #beekeeping which would then show it to millions of people that have used the word beekeeping on their profile.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Its how sites like Twatter, Instagram and even Facebook now use to filter/ trend information.
On Instagram for instance, I put a handover photo up and want to gain more visibility, I can use #motorhome which will display my handover photo on any page that has motorhome in it.
Equally, I could take a photo of a Bee and use the hashtag #beekeeping which would then show it to millions of people that have used the word beekeeping on their profile.
Thank you Simon that is an excellent summary. You would not believe how many people have tried before you. Thanks 10/10(y)

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

I still do not understand those phrases, or why it is necessary to use them, instead of clear English.

Sounds like people wishing to splosh rubbish all over a flooded lake.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Many consider me as being intelligent clever and an all round good egg, however, I have no idea what is meant by the phrase #tag. Any reference to twitter facebook or e-bay will gain the same response as I don't use them either...…..So in single syllable easy to understand southern pronunciation.
WHAT IS #TAG..:)

Come on own up - what do the majority think?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Many consider me as being intelligent clever and an all round good egg,
That is the bestest joke I've ever heard on here, better than Old-Mo's! :LOL:

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We both know we're now dinosaurs with all things interwebnet despite both of us being well up with it all, when we were working.

Pete worked on his own for so many years he wasn't even up with 'marketing speak' and buzz words/phrases whereas I had to be - we still know all sorts of tips for all sorts of things, but absolutely refuse to EVER suggest any 'hacks' for anything, within the law or without!

We had already gathered the broad definition of the hashtag - but as you might have guessed - have never ever been anywhere we've needed to use one!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
So if I type #I love my son .. what happens please?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Many consider me as being intelligent clever and an all round good egg,???? where did you get this information?
Well apparently he looks like Humpty Dumpty, so 1 out of 3 ain't bad.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back