• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Manual Satellite System (1 Viewer)

mikeh71

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
I would like to buy a manual satellite setup for our motorhome to allow us to watch SKY on the move within the UK and France.

Could anyone please let me know if they have something suitable for sale??

Many thanks in advance

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Now someone else asked about this so I have now got it out and photographed it,
I am willing to sell it for any reasonable offer, cost me £160 , I have never used it apart from setting it up on the lawn which I must admit is not as easy as it looks , it's got tripod, controller ,cable and everything you need but the tele, but it is too much faffing about to set up for one night as we tend to do, so never even taken it with us.
image.jpg

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We have a tripod and a flat dish, see photo below. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
mikeh71

mikeh71

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
Many thanks for your replies - I am unsure which one will give me the best coverage. Jumar can you please confirm what comes with your setup please? And is it easy to pick up in France etc and would I just need my Skybox from home?

Thanks again

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have a 60cm dish with lnb and some cable £10
It does have a wall / ground stand but not very suitable for camping.
You would be better off with a tripod off ebay for £22 ish..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Satellite...781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item56532e02e5

12v / mains Dream box receiver Free to air £35

Can get some pics if any interest, location Cannock but we are off to Stratford show on Monday..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi, setting up a Sat gets easier the more times you attempt it, its critical that you point it at the correct Sat, there are many up there, but for UK users its Astra 2 located at 28.2 degrees east of south.
The system I am offering is quite easy to set up, but I have been doing this for 17 years with many different systems.
You are travelling this summer I believe, well if you have your van in the shade you need the dish in the open, this sometimes can be a little difficult with all the trees in full leaf. Setting up can be frustrating indeed, to the extent that you pack it away and forget it, not driving a good sale, well you asked the question.
Practice at home and perfect it before you set off, you are in the UK where the signal is stronger and easier to catch, lots of sky dishes to look at when setting up, but when you arrive in France you have dishes pointing away from where you want. So, if you still are interested in buying my dish, or even taking a dish away with you then my dish and tripod will cost you £70, you will get a 12v Sky digi box thrown in for free, or my fully automatic system come in at £50,000, that includes a free Hymer. Ask more if you want, where in Derbyshire are you, we will be there in early July, my avatar will show that we are in Spain, that where we live.

OP
OP
mikeh71

mikeh71

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi again, thank you all again for your replies. I would be interested in your system Jumar and if you are returning in early July then that would suit as we go away on the 25th and would like to trial the setup before we leave.

I live in Chesterfield but work in Derby so I hope we can meet at some stage.

Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back