Manual Cab Door Locking (1 Viewer)

fazer

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
Funster No
Hi,

I have a 2008 Bessacarr E695 on a Fiat 2.3 Ducato chassis. I can, of course, lock and unlock both cab doors using the central clocking, with either the remote key fob or using the key to turn the lock in the driver's door. I just wondered how I would lock the doors manually if the vehicle battery was flat.

The driver's door is easy enough because turning the key in the door will lock just the driver's door if the vehicle battery is not fitted or is flat. However, there doesn't seem to be any kind of manual locking mechanism on the passenger door, either inside or outside.

Does anyone know how to manually lock the passenger door on these cabs? The Fiat handbook talks about an emegency locking mode but doesn't explain what this means or how to activate it.

Thanks for any help - Fazer.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi,

I have a 2008 Bessacarr E695 on a Fiat 2.3 Ducato chassis. I can, of course, lock and unlock both cab doors using the central clocking, with either the remote key fob or using the key to turn the lock in the driver's door. I just wondered how I would lock the doors manually if the vehicle battery was flat.

The driver's door is easy enough because turning the key in the door will lock just the driver's door if the vehicle battery is not fitted or is flat. However, there doesn't seem to be any kind of manual locking mechanism on the passenger door, either inside or outside.

Does anyone know how to manually lock the passenger door on these cabs? The Fiat handbook talks about an emegency locking mode but doesn't explain what this means or how to activate it.

If you look on the edge of the passenger door by the lock you will see a hole. You place you key or something into it and press down (in not down then up) you feel a little tension. Close the dooe and it should be locked.

I had the info on other site but unable to get on now.

:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,

more technology to go wrong...:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

fazer

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
Funster No
"If you look on the edge of the passenger door by the lock you will see a hole. You place you key or something into it and press down (in not down then up) you feel a little tension. Close the dooe and it should be locked.

I had the info on other site but unable to get on now."

:thumb:

Thanks for that - I did see that hole and tried my key in it but attempted to 'turn something' if possible. Nothing happened! I'll try the press up (or down) thing tomorrow.

Cheers - fazer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back