mans best friend (1 Viewer)

hopperleslie

Free Member
May 8, 2008
Funster No
lost my best friend today, 14 year old yorkshire terrier who loved our camper van, we feel so sad and upset as we loved him very much he wasnt just a dog he was our companion and friend, he had been poorly for a few weeks and we hoped he would get better but i new last night that i had to think what was best for him so he didnt suffer, i feel so sad and empty in side, i just need to tell someone how i feel.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Hopperleslie

Such sad news. We know how you feel having had to do the same some years back.
Never sobbed so much in our lives, it's like losing one of the family. Time is a great healer though.

Our thoughts are with you on this sad day.

Nigel and Pamala

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi, I can only reiterate what sundowner has said. I'm very sorry.

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Hi, I know just how you feel. It breaks my heart every time one of our pets leaves us. Just keep reminding yourself that you did it so he wouldn't suffer.

Thinking of you.

Marion & Mick

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
You have my sympathy. My dog Max a scruffy mongrel Jack Russell spent most of his 16 yrs with me when I was in the Army and we were allowed dogs in camp (officers only tho) He spent 2 yrs with me training army recruits and was known and loved by all. He loved travelling and went to Spain with us on 3 trips but unfortunately due to ill healh I had to have him put to sleep last May. Broke our hearts and I shed buckets. They do leave a big hole in one life but always remember the fun YOU had together and the good life HE had with you!!

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
My Greatest Heartfelt Sympathies.

They become so much a part of your life. and they develop their own personality around you.

Sorry to hear of your loss......Steve.

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
our thoughts are with you at this sad time, when we lost ours it took months before I could move their bed out kept waiting for her to come back, but now we have another four legged friend to have new adventures with, but it took three years before we took that step, it does get easier, just keep remembering the good times.
Jacqui

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I also feel your pain.

I have lost a number of dogs over the years and have vowed never to have another.

The last one died about a year December or so, cancer of the liver and spleen, we hoped that she would get better, we even slept with the French window open(freezing cold) so that she could get in and out. We took turns sleeping on the suttee in a sleeping bag, the dog would sleep when she could on the floor next to you and lick your hand as if to say thanks.:Sad:

Sadly missed.

Love them to bits and the pain of the loss still hurts.

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
Really sympathise with you, its one of the worst things to go through when you loose your best four legged friend. Lost one of mine 15 years ago and still wouldn't part with her collar and lead to this day.
At least you obviously gave her lots of love and a wonderful life, there are so many others who need a good home like you gave.

verity23

Free Member
Sep 20, 2008
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 Years
Hi Hopperleslie
They give unconditional love and there are very few humans that do that but a dog aways gives unconditional love.
I'm sure he had 14 great years and love every moment.

Pete

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Life goes on.

get yourself down to the nearest rescue kennels and give another needy dog a good home !...owners like yourself are hard to come by ! life goes on for owners and animals !

OP
OP
H

hopperleslie

Free Member
May 8, 2008
Funster No
Hi All, my wife and i wish to thank all who have given kind words and thoughts following the death of our beloved pet, yes he is most certainly loved and i cant express in words how we feel at this moment , i just wish today was over and maybe we can accept what has happened with a little less pain.

Thanks to all.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
So sorry for you, most of us have been there and by heck it hurts, even reading about someone else losing their beloved pet hurts and brings it all back.
We can just about talk about our cat which we had to have put down a year ago without getting upset. We now remember the good times. Time does heal to some degree.
My thoughts are with you both.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
Link Removed hi there we lost our airdale she was one of the family .
she went every were with us . we bought a 5 berth van so we would have the room
tor her. every one would talk to us when we were out with her.
she would be sat there with me waiting for better half wile she was shopping
people would come up to her and say allow. now they just walk by.
god do i miss her ,don't think you ever get over losing them.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
:Sad:Hi so sorry that you have lost your best friend, they never let you down only want you to love them, play and walk, and never argue with you, i too lost my best friend after 17 years, so i know the pain you are feeling, but can only say that at least now there is no more suffering, i still miss ours and he has been gone now for five years, and I cannot have another one because I couldn't go through the pain again, so i compensate by minding other peoples when they go away etc. it will improve with time but you will never forget your best friend.

ruth

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back