Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I would have thought it was best just to leave it until he can get it to a repairer.

There was a much bigger chance he was going to add to the damage.

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Tight sods though aren't they?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
A lot of them are tuggers so they generally pay for a site, the most people I have seen freeloading in Spain and Portugal are the :france:

You have obviously not been in a round with them.

Lovely people , but boy they don't like buying beer.

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
I can't believe that some " funsters" are "having a larf" about this and actually posting pics of the damage on this forum.

How low can you go..

You should be ashamed and the thread deleted IMHO..

How would the OP feel if someone did the same to him?

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
I'm French Canadian/ American X English/ Scots. Educated totally in the U.S. On my second Yorkshireman.None of my family like each other. And my Inner English is often ashamed at my American behaviour.:boxing:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I can't believe that some " funsters" are "having a larf" about this and actually posting pics of the damage on this forum.

How low can you go..

You should be ashamed and the thread deleted IMHO..

How would the OP feel if someone did the same to him?
No one was hurt, it will be covered by insurance and it looks drivable. Might take more than a bottle of T Cut to fix but on a global scale it isn't really anything to get worked up about.

And I seem to remember a few threads on here started by folk who have had an 'oops' moment. And I needed a new bumper on my car when I reversed into a lamp post. And then there was a stealth wall in Swindon which appeared from nowhere...:)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have always found the Dutch to be friendly, with a good sense of humour. And they speak English very well considering it is, to them, a foreign language.

In Charent Maritime a few years ago we had been having a drink, and chatting with, a lovely young Dutch couple. The weather was hot so we were stripped the waist and wearing shorts. When we decided it was bedtime I leaned over and blew out the citronella candle. Unfortunately I overdid it a bit and blew melted wax all over his hairy chest! As well as the instant pain of the hot wax he then had to strip it off. Ouch!:eek:

Despite that we got together for the next few nights as well until we left for home.:)

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
No one was hurt, it will be covered by insurance and it looks drivable. Might take more than a bottle of T Cut to fix but on a global scale it isn't really anything to get worked up about.

And I seem to remember a few threads on here started by folk who have had an 'oops' moment. And I needed a new bumper on my car when I reversed into a lamp post. And then there was a stealth wall in Swindon which appeared from nowhere...:)

Agreed ...:)

But it one thing to start a thread and post pics of one's own misfortune/stupidity and completely another to do the same thing about someone else no matter what nationality they happen to be...

Seems like "grockle" stuff to me..:rolleyes:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
We have always found the Dutch to be friendly, with a good sense of humour. And they speak English very well considering it is, to them, a foreign language.

In Charent Maritime a few years ago we had been having a drink, and chatting with, a lovely young Dutch couple. The weather was hot so we were stripped the waist and wearing shorts. When we decided it was bedtime I leaned over and blew out the citronella candle. Unfortunately I overdid it a bit and blew melted wax all over his hairy chest! As well as the instant pain of the hot wax he then had to strip it off. Ouch!:eek:

Despite that we got together for the next few nights as well until we left for home.:)
The Dutch have given us Amsterdam, for that alone the world should be grateful (y);)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

But it one thing to start a thread and post pics of one's own misfortune/stupidity and completely another to do the same thing about someone else no matter what nationality they happen to be...

I suspect most of us, myself included, feel sorry for the bloke. A few eyebrows have been raised over his self-repair technique but there's nothing nasty in any of the remarks I've read.

There but by the grace of God and all that. :)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No

Do you use that word down there too! :D Thought it was only us who grew up in Dorset! LOL

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Oh come on some of you lighten up, this guy just happen to be Dutch, thank god he wasn't black:eek:. The same scenario could have been over any nationality

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
I think they might be a bit on the daft side.

I helped one off a soggy pitch in Normandy a few years ago and he thought the best way of getting off a wet pitch was to rev the ar$e out of the engine.

He was sat there for ages with his wheels spinning. I wandered over with my mats, put them under his wheels and he reversed off really quickly just avoiding a tree, and leaving my mats stuck in the mud he had created.

Not so much as a thank you either.

Ignorant and stupid.
Good manners and behavier are lacking in a lot folk these days .

vicwo

Free Member
Mar 18, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
since 1998
Good manners and behavier are lacking in a lot folk these days .
I really feel sorry for these people. I would be absolutely devastated .I wonder how long they are away for ? We all look and plan our dream holidays.Does anyone think this tread should be pulled ? I'm no puss but I wouldn't want people to be looking at my misfortune. Maybe I'm getting old.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I really feel sorry for these people. I would be absolutely devastated .I wonder how long they are away for ? We all look and plan our dream holidays.Does anyone think this tread should be pulled ? I'm no puss but I wouldn't want people to be looking at my misfortune. Maybe I'm getting old.
If I'd done that I'd put it on myself, much the same as Ian's trials and tribulations,

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
If I'd done that I'd put it on myself, much the same as Ian's trials and tribulations,
Me too, if I'd done it I would have posted it up as well. Let's face it, we've all done some pretty stoopid things, and if we can't laugh at ourselves, we'd probably cry! :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back