Manbags? What do you use to carry stuff when you are out and about? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
What you need is an urban slinger....

Pete
Looks like they are designed ot be worn on the back. The strap clips look plastic and flimsy? Not quite big enough for my small laptop either.

But thank you very much for the suggestion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Yes I've had this problem ,I now wear trousers / shorts that have large amount of pockets and carry a small rucksack. I couldn't find a bag that I felt comfortable carrying , mainly caused by other people's associations with them.

Quite right too - my solution as well!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Just on the subject of bags my wife and I are fascinated by the number of women we see on and around campsites walking with a handbag. Even in the Western Isles we would see them walking on the beach in the middle of nowhere, with a handbag. The Lakes is another place, halfway up a fell and coming towards you is a woman with a handbag.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Stighloroan do some lovely bags. Expensive mind you. Waterproof too and great quality.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Light rucksack. Easy to carry and leaves both your hands free. Shoulder bags won't be the most comfortable thing to wear.
Do you have to carry laptop or can you use a small keyboard with your tablet?

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Light rucksack. Easy to carry and leaves both your hands free. Shoulder bags won't be the most comfortable thing to wear.
Do you have to carry laptop or can you use a small keyboard with your tablet?

It has to be a laptop running Linux for my work. Rucksack as I have previously said are no good. My current shoulder bag is comfortable so I am not worried about that.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Why not just stick with what you've got? Seems pointless changing for changes sake.

Denise

Because it doesn't work. When I first bought it, I didn't have a tablet, a large phone or needed a battery pack. Stuffing all this into one compartment causes problems for me.
The first is that the stuff inside can work it's way round so that it is flat on the bottom and then digs into my hip while walking.
The second is with all my gear inside I quite often have to dig around to find what I want.
The final bit is I need to wrap the cables and plugs in cloths to prevent them scratching other stuff in the bag which makes it a pain to unpack should I need them.

I want a bag with multiple compartments to store stuff and keep it organised. I want the bag to be fairly flat, and preferably keep stuff protected.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I want a bag with multiple compartments to store stuff and keep it organised. I want the bag to be fairly flat, and preferably keep stuff protected.

describes my Troop messenger bag perfectly.. the was what I bought it for..

two large outside front pockets for cables, adapters, plugs etc..

inside , main compartment to hold laptop, a phone pocket, a larger pocket that could hold a wallet or pens and pencils, and another full size zipped compartment documents... .. on the back outside, yet another full size pocket to hold documents etc ..

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If God had meant men to carry bags, he wouldn't have given them pockets or posh, leather brief cases to put their things in.

JJ :cool:

I would look really odd with a table, a Galaxy Note, a laptop, my ciggies, a couple of chargers and a battery pack in my pockets :D

As for a brief case? I never had one when I had an office job and am not about to get one as a van dwelling hermit :p

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
describes my Troop messenger bag perfectly.. the was what I bought it for..

two large outside front pockets for cables, adapters, plugs etc..

inside , main compartment to hold laptop, a phone pocket, a larger pocket that could hold a wallet or pens and pencils, and another full size zipped compartment documents... .. on the back outside, yet another full size pocket to hold documents etc ..
They do look nice, but again look too much like laptop bags.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I would look really odd with a table, a Galaxy Note, a laptop, my ciggies, a couple of chargers and a battery pack in my pockets

Simple solution...

Do away with the ciggies.

I carry my Note 4, my mifi and a fone salesman wireless charger.

Sorted.

JJ :cool:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
They do look nice, but again look too much like laptop bags.

maybe.. personally don't think so.. buy then again.. if a bag can hold a laptop, it has to be laptop shaped.. catch 22

unless you just use a big Lidl bag :LOL:

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
My Mulberry bag cost £1000 and has never let me down .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back