Malware Warning when logging in (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Initially I first got the malware warning when I was on Chrome. But it wasn't the browser which blocked it, it was AVG with a warning which gave you an option to proceed at your own risk. So I then went on IE, of which mine is ver.6 so one of the 'old' versions. A warning came up on that too. So I guess the 'old' stuff is just as good as the new.....in many cases possibly better.

Lot's of folk rave about different browsers with many saying they are 'better' or 'faster', but when I have a look at them all I see is something which does the same job but just looks different.

I ran a full scan through AVG and it chucked out five infections.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Some nice person joined ten minutes or so before the malware was added. He managed to corrupt the sites templates. It took a while to find the code which was cleverly hidden. I might have been able to sort it sooner, but everytime I went near the laptop the family groaned!! Should be OK now, please shout if you get any more alerts. MERRY CHRISTMAS:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Some nice person joined ten minutes or so before the malware was added. He managed to corrupt the sites templates. It took a while to find the code which was cleverly hidden. I might have been able to sort it sooner, but everytime I went near the laptop the family groaned!! Should be OK now, please shout if you get any more alerts. MERRY CHRISTMAS:thumb:

Thank you Jim....what sort of low life would do that....or had it come in without him knowing.........................????????

Mel

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If I were a detective I would investigate anyone who had been really angered by one of the recent threads and maybe been called nasty names... maybe some one fitting this profile decided to try to spoil Funsters' Christmas Fun...

anyway, Happy New Year everyone...

JJ

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Thankyou jim and your family with putting up with us, I hope the rest of your festive season will be peaceful and hassle free.

maggie

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Worthwhile looking at those who come to this board using what are quite obviously double id names, make a couple of antagonistic posts....then promptly disappear into oblivion never to be seen or heard from again. Exactly what their motive is only they themselves can answer that but it most certainly is not with community spirit in mind.

As board 'mod' Jim should know who these people are. I'd like to see an openly published list of MHF members with registered multiple id names.

Also can Jim tell me how a 'member' can be actively making a post on a thread whilst the registered id name is not showing up on the online user list?

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim still getting a virus warning in both IE8 and chrome

Olley

sostas

Free Member
Nov 16, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Yes, my antivirus is giving a warning and blocking a website too.
Sostas

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Worthwhile looking at those who come to this board using what are quite obviously double id names, make a couple of antagonistic posts....then promptly disappear into oblivion never to be seen or heard from again. Exactly what their motive is only they themselves can answer that but it most certainly is not with community spirit in mind.

As board 'mod' Jim should know who these people are. I'd like to see an openly published list of MHF members with registered multiple id names.

Also can Jim tell me how a 'member' can be actively making a post on a thread whilst the registered id name is not showing up on the online user list?

Jim
I agree with bulletguy......can you not insist that all the boxes are filled on the profile when they join and the members that are already on fill there’s out, so everybody knows where each other come from, location…..motorhome if they have one….. years of motorhoming……. and a bit of info about them (and not a ficticious load of rubbish like noddy from town town?).......the name could still be a pseudonym just to keep a bit of privatism/ mysticism .........I am quite happy to give any more info if I have not given enough already..........but a member with all there is on his profile is “joined 2009”!!! and that's it ...its not really friendly

Mel :thumb::thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim still getting a virus warning in both IE8 and chrome

Olley

Hi Olley, that might be because you have the infected pages cached in your browser, try clearing the cache and try again. Thanks

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Obvious double ID's !!! We have a few tools we can use to see if one person has more than one identity here, but they are not foolproof . Please give me your insight into what makes it obvious to you when someone joins the site twice or more. Since it so obvious to you I'd like you to tell me so I can incorporate in into my security policy, lots of other forum owners would like this information you have. :RollEyes: These days unique IP address are rare, we insist that every member has a unique email. Double IDs are against the rules, if we know about them they are deleted so there is no list to publish.

People will always join a forum to make a derogatory post and then leave, that happens, smile and get over it, its not important. WUMs delight in the response.

The online user list is only updated every 10 min or so, this could mean that someone can log in post and then logout and they might not show on the list, whilst you can see yourself immediately,others might not know you are logged in until the list is updated.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Mel

Just to clarify further, i'm not too concerned about who has what model motorhome, years mh'ing etc etc, or for that matter their location. But what does give cause for concern is the use of double id's, the intent of which can only be malicious. But......

Why else would anyone need to fly under more than one flag?

As mentioned previously these id's are not showing on the mb online user list when that particular person is quite obviously on the board in order to make a post. Can Jim explain why this is occuring?

Incidentally, whilst others appear to still be having malware problems, I have opened both IE and Chrome and logged into MHF without any problem though I would suggest they run a check through their AV. It's not your browser.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Mel

Just to clarify further, i'm not too concerned about who has what model motorhome, years mh'ing etc etc, or for that matter their location. But what does give cause for concern is the use of double id's, the intent of which can only be malicious. But......

Why else would anyone need to fly under more than one flag?

As mentioned previously these id's are not showing on the mb online user list when that particular person is quite obviously on the board in order to make a post. Can Jim explain why this is occuring?

I thought I'd answered this above. Please point out all these these double IDs you have identified and send me a PM thanks

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I think it would be difficult to pinpoint the culprit, any info they give would be made up anyway.

I guess any site is open to this kind of abuse, maybe improving the sites protection is the way to go?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
PM sent, though as you feel it's of no relative importance I won't waste any more breath.

Bulletguy - These all seeing powers you have must be great. You know who has a double ID/s. You suppose to know how I feel about the security of this site! As for holding your breath, try 20 minutes, that should be long enough::bigsmile:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Solved the problem with a by running C-Cleaner & let it do the job it's good at.

Also ran AVG scan & no infections found.

All OK now ::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i just logged out and in again.

IE8 browser, AVG9 and Avast.

nothing picked up on mine.

i did click a link to another section on another shop website and it opened a scanner which i couldnt stop except by closing all windows.
turns out my lappy is open to ALL attacks and my identity could be stolen.

only cost £XX to download the program to ensure this wont happen.

how thick do they think we are.....:Doh:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Bulletguy - These all seeing powers you have must be great. You know who has a double ID/s. You suppose to know how I feel about the security of this site! As for holding your breath, try 20 minutes, that should be long enough::bigsmile:

That's what I like Jim a good sense of humour....20 mins
Sorry if I have offended or in any way criticized what you do it was not intended as this a brilliant forum and you do a terrific first class job........I was not on about double ID/s,.......... I was on about more info on members.........but I was just adding to Bulletguys thread about secrecy..........meaning......."WHY" what a they afraid of.....
Mel

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim, all seems ok now, thanks.

You know what amazes me about this attack? the perception amongst some members that Jim has been lack with his security, if an autistic guy can break in to some of the supposedly most secure sites in the world, what chance does Jim or any other site owner have?

These attacks happen on all sites, some of the biggest have been hacked, get used to it. The only way to be 100% secure is not to go online.

Olley

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Thanks Olley,
You just said what I wanted to say only much better.

Im on my work pc at present with some of the best antivirus sofware available and I am allowed on so must be ok now. Although Nikki said that she was still getting the message at home. I will delete all cookies and try again when and if i ever get home tonight. :Sad:

Oh by the way Jim get a grip on your web site. This complete breach of security is not what I expect for the ammount of money I pay to use this site. There you are driving around in your supercharged Bently living the life of riley on the money I pay you. :Doh:

falcon

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just received this message when trying to move to second page of this thread Link Removed started by Bryan.

The website at www.motorhomefun.co.uk contains elements from the site centiyo.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for centiyo.com.
Strangly that was using Google Chrome, but when I changed to IE this message did not appear.

Any ideas Bryan or Jim, or anyone else for that matter.

I use Chrome all the time and I do not get that message.

Francis

MOmAD

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Funster No
PM sent, though as you feel it's of no relative importance I won't waste any more breath.

Bulletboy your attitude is unbelievable. Its Christmas and the admin was obviously working hard on fixing the problem. Maybe admin should publish a list of who other members have added to their ignore list. The arrogance and tone of your posts probably make you the most ignored person on this site and on top of that list :thumbdown:

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Bulletboy your attitude is unbelievable. Its Christmas and the admin was obviously working hard on fixing the problem. Maybe admin should publish a list of who other members have added to their ignore list. The arrogance and tone of your posts probably make you the most ignored person on this site and on top of that list :thumbdown:

Surely this is a rather aggressive post MOmAD? Could you not have re-phrased it in such a way as to get your point across without seeming to be quite so rude?

JJ

MOmAD

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Funster No
Surely this is a rather aggressive post MOmAD? Could you not have re-phrased it in such a way as to get your point across without seeming to be quite so rude?

JJ

Yes I suppose I was a little rude. I won't apologise because I was responding to a post that was a lot rude. Why should I rephrase to be polite when bullyguy goes out of his way to be rude :RollEyes::RollEyes:

:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back