Malvern did my BLS (basic life support) this week (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
On a slightly serious note I did my refresher course this week, it includes use of an AED , choking and we did a bit about Paediatric stuff(heaven forbid). I am your woman unless @stewartwebr is there is which case he will be far more use although I could help. I am not in any way wanting to show off but our average age is at the mature end of the spectrum and if someone collapses most of us understandably panic a bit. I know I'm retired but I hope I would still be of some use.
Enough said, now let us all have a great weekend.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I LOVE FUN...

Often someone gives me a free beer and I also have life support available in UK and Spain. (y)(y)(y)

WIN WIN. :D

Just need one of them de-fibra whatsit shocking machines to keep in the Fun tent and sorted..

On a serious note.. THANKS..

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
On a slightly serious note I did my refresher course this week, it includes use of an AED , choking and we did a bit about Paediatric stuff(heaven forbid). I am your woman unless @stewartwebr is there is which case he will be far more use although I could help. I am not in any way wanting to show off but our average age is at the mature end of the spectrum and if someone collapses most of us understandably panic a bit. I know I'm retired but I hope I would still be of some use.
Please don't save any old people (y)
There are far too many around already getting in everyone's way and they don't serve any purpose and aren't nice to look at (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
When I had my fall from the steps of the motorhome at the 3ffs this year. I was so so grateful for all the Funsters who rallied round to help me. .
Think Wendy's suggestion of informing the marshals that your around if anyone needs help is a very good idea for future meets
Kate x

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
How about askin @Jim if he would support the idea of everyone who wants to chip in for one and have it somewhere handy (the flag idea is GENIUS) I would chip in for one even if I didn't attend the shows!! Lots of contributions would mean smaller contributions!! Just a thought, I have seen these at work first hand!!

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Both Rose and me are both fist aiders . But who would want me to them the kiss of life lol

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
through my working life I always kept up to date with my first aid. to my shame I have since let it lapse

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We bought one about 2 years ago and it is always in our van, The cost was not that bad from memory around £650 + vat I did object to the vat but no luck.
I can pass on the details if required,
I am not sure how many members are in the club but it could be an option to buy one for the club.
As they say IT COULD BE YOU !

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes

Thanks for the vote of confidence @carolyn

We normally make ourselves known on rallies in the event we may be needed. We also have a defib and trauma kit in the van. My membership card for both the M&CC and CCC have Mr. on it and not Doctor as I was a Surgeon come the end of my career ( I was actually a Prof. but who would put that on a membership card) all of the reasons behind Mr v's Dr have been explained in other posts. So when we arrive it is always my other half who gets all the questions and requests to support in the event of an incident. Truth be told he has been out of front line medicine for a number of years and I would not let him prescribe me an aspirin :D

We have helped out a number of times on rallies and whilst touring and of course like everyone else I have ever met whilst camping do what ever we can.

Thankfully, we have only once been asked to assist on a campsite and it was when an elderly gentleman attempted to start his ignition on his 4X4 to close his window he had left open. He lent in and not sure what happened but it led to him being dragged down the hill hanging outside the car. He had extensive injuries. We both worked on him for at least 30 mins until a First Responder arrived who asked us to continue. The Medic 1 arrived and we continued to work together until he was stabilised. He was seriously injured and was eventually air lifted to hospital. Thankfully, he made a full recovery.

We both received a letter of thanks from the Chairman of the Caravan Club which was a nice touch.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Should have added that we fully support the purchase of a defib unit for rallies and meets. We would be happy to make a contribution.

As some will know the new models of defib for general public use are extremely intuitive and very simple to use. If you are ever faced with a situation where you think someone has suffered a cardiac arrest then please do not be frightened to grab the defid to assist. You cannot go wrong, when removed from the case it switches itself on and gently and slowly explains the first action to take. Only once the unit is happy and it confirm you have done the correct thing will it step through instructing you of the next action. It really is that simple and it will NOT administer a shock when it is not required no matter what button you press.
Please do not be afraid, first thing as always is summon professional support (999) then set about using the machine, never be afraid you can only do good.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Sadly no longer have my PALS (paediatric advanced life support) certificate, retired too long ago, but know I could not stand by and watch it help were required.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@carolyn thank you and thanks for starting the thread simple information like who to seek out in an emergancy is also a help, and like also mentioned could be of help if the Marshall's on a rally know who can help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back