LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
How do we go about booking for the Malvern show to definitely be a part of the Funsters 'Do'?
Not booked for a show before, so don't know what to do - all help gratefully received.

Cheers

Geraldine

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi Geraldine

When booking a motorhome show different options are given such as general camping, club camping or disabled camping. Choose club camping and select motorhomefun. By telephone state you are from motorhome fun and want to be parked with the other funsters.

Then when the motorhome show thread appears on our forum add your name to the list stating you have paid so that our wonderful marshals know to look out for you.

Nearer the time motorhomefun will post an arrival form for completion, fill this in to help the marshals get us all parked up.

There are plenty of motorhome shows and fun events before Malvern so come along to any of them. Check the calendar, theres loads on it already.

Happy New Year and if not before, see you at Malvern

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry to be a numpty, but does that mean I book the tickets over the internet (found the site - is it Out and About Live?), but then ring them up and say I want to be with the other funsters, or do I telephone them to do the whole booking - also is my subscription number my membership number on fun?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
You are not being a numpty

The online booking form does not have "motorhomefun" showing as a club selection for club camping for the Malvern show

I would therefore suggest at this moment that if you wish to book early, you should book by telephone.

Your membership number is on the left hand side under the avatar or photograph yours is funster number 25562

Last edited:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
It is on out and about live and you can use your funster name as the club number. But do not try to book yet as Motorhome Fun is not on the drop down list of clubs. No doubt Jim will get that corrected.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Duplicated post - Gail can obviously type faster than me.

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Ok, have looked at the site and it says the Saturday night entertainment is £12 per ticket. Do Funsters pay and attend the show entertainment, or do they make their own...... Don't want to pay the £24 for two tickets and then be Billy No Mates when all the other Funsters are back at the tent having fun for free.....

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Ok, have looked at the site and it says the Saturday night entertainment is £12 per ticket. Do Funsters pay and attend the show entertainment, or do they make their own...... Don't want to pay the £24 for two tickets and then be Billy No Mates when all the other Funsters are back at the tent having fun for free.....

I wouldn't; on past experience the entertainment hasn't been that good :Sad:

But if it's someone you've always wanted to see, then it's a cheap night out.

In edit: just had a looksee and it's no-one special. There will be two other halls with equally as good bands on for free.

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I wouldn't; on past experience the entertainment hasn't been that good :Sad:

But if it's someone you've always wanted to see, then it's a cheap night out.

In edit: just had a looksee and it's no-one special. There will be two other halls with equally as good bands on for free.

Agree with Janine. There is bound to be something going on with the funsters on the Saturday evening and there are two other halls with entertainment where you dont have to pay.

No such thing as billynomates not at fun meets if we can help it xxxx

Last edited:
OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for that. Having been to a couple of meets, I know there is no such thing as Billy No Mates with the funsters - just didn't want to go to the paid entertainment on our own when everyone else was having fun back at the Funster tent!

I think that's all the questions I have - for now anyway - thanks everyone for the info. :Smile::Smile:

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just had another look at the Malvern 2014 site, and MotorhomeFun still isn't listed as a choice when booking. Has anyone booked over the phone for this one, or do I still have to be patient and wait until Jim has got MHF on the list?

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Just had another look at the Malvern 2014 site, and MotorhomeFun still isn't listed as a choice when booking. Has anyone booked over the phone for this one, or do I still have to be patient and wait until Jim has got MHF on the list?

Maybe because it's still 6 months away. Be patient - it will appear!

Catherine

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Catherine,

I saw that list, but when you go to book, MHF isn't on the booking list option.

Will have to be patient, but don't want to miss out either with over 25000 members on this site... no marquee is that big!:winky:

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Last year they gave us our own fenced off field that worked very well, plenty of room even with the number of units we had in it. It was a long drive from the showground entrance but easy for the exit:Smile: There was even a toilet unit just inside the gate.

Attachments

• Malvern 2013 016.jpg
    Malvern 2013 016.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 26

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back