Malaga, Cadiz, Seville and Madrid (1 Viewer)

colleen murphy

Free Member
Jun 29, 2017
shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Celtic Rambler 5th Wheel
Exp
2 years
As you Funsters have been so forthcoming with excellent advice and information, I thought I may as well come to you for more help.
As I've mentioned earlier, we are finding it difficult in Spain to find sites with nice easy access and large enough pitches to house our 8.5m long Celtic Rambler Fifth Wheeler and Toyota Hilux.
Following your advice we have been happily pitched up at Cabo de Gata. On Friday we intend to travel on to Malaga, then Cadiz, Seville and Madrid. Any recommendations on suitable sites would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
There are some big rigs currently in the Aire area Malaga beach I think the details are on camper contact or search for sites, give them a call and see if they can fit you in.

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Good luck!
Just come back from 3 days in Malaga/Benalmadena area driving solo visiting friends.
Have to say that there is NO WAY I would take my 5ver into that area! Driving was manic, streets VERY tight.
I'd been warned by friends that the area would probably be far to busy and concreted from my taste and I have to say that although meeting friends was fun, the area really isn't for me................especially with the rig on the back!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
97BA7D75-ECF3-4062-A3FF-F81162950BA4.png

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Interesting to see how you get on using areas autocaravanas with a 5-er.

Technically they're not a motorhome and we can't allow them here at Totana (legally)!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
If you want peaceful rustic and miles of sandy beaches, camping pina san jose at Zahora is nice, I have seen RV and 5th wheelers there, but probably best to phone and make sure they have a space, it was busy when we went. :D
If @PenelopePitstop Marie and Rex are on the site they might be able to advise. (y) Bob

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We recently stayed at a campsite at El Puerto de Santa Maria which is opposite Cadiz on the estuary. A boat service runs regularly (30 mins trip) to Cadiz, I think it was about 2.75 euros a trip , it was a nice spot.

Sorry I cant remember the site name but it was acsi with some larger pitches although it is always worth emailing/phoning to check.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
We recently stayed at a campsite at El Puerto de Santa Maria which is opposite Cadiz on the estuary. A boat service runs regularly (30 mins trip) to Cadiz, I think it was about 2.75 euros a trip , it was a nice spot.

Sorry I cant remember the site name but it was acsi with some larger pitches although it is always worth emailing/phoning to check.

Camping Playa Las Dunas S Anton.
However, I thought the entrance was quite small when I was there.
Good size pitches once in though.

Deleted User
We have stayed at El Puerto de Santa Maria with our 5'er, met friends there with a large RV so quite a few large pitches.

For Seville we stayed at El Rocio with the 5'er, Camping Aldea, also in the ACSI book, got the bus into Seville and stayed overnight in a cheap hotel, Hostal or Pension, it would be a bit of a push in one day.

We have stayed in Hostals in Seville many times, usually we did not book but it is possible via booking sites etc, there are lots in Seville and many near to the Plaza de Armas which is near the bus station.

Staying overnight is worth the expense in my opinion, one of the best areas for Tapas is over the Triana bridge, Calle San Jacinto area.

Edit, Semana Santa, the week starting Palm Sunday, and the Feria de Abril are very busy in Seville and best avoided unless you specifically want to see the processions, which are intense, rooms will be almost impossible to find and very expensive.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Camping Playa Las Dunas S Anton.
However, I thought the entrance was quite small when I was there.
Good size pitches once in though.

I agree but I noticed a large , tall motorhome being let onto the site through another entrance once they were booked in to avoid the narrow bit.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
I agree but I noticed a large , tall motorhome being let onto the site through another entrance once they were booked in to avoid the narrow bit.
You are right, although I did not see one come in I did see one parked by that gate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back