Free Member
May 26, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone looking for some advice. We have just bought a fiat Ducato joint. It's 7 berth and we're having problems making up the double bed. The travel seats pull out to make it but there then seems to be a gap in in the window side. Any help would be appreciated. It would make a small double or large single. Wondering if a bit is missing and we might have to make a part

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Make and model of motorhome would be useful @Angelite73 FIAT Ducato is the base vehicle (the engine/mechanical gubbins and possibly the chassis) that the motorhome was built on.

When you say a gap do you mean there is no bed base or that there is a cushion missing? Does the bed run across the motorhome or up and down it?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Angelite73

Angelite73

Free Member
May 26, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone looking for some advice. We have just bought a fiat Ducato joint. It's 7 berth and we're having problems making up the double bed. The travel seats pull out to make it but there then seems to be a gap in in the window side. Any help would be appreciated. It would make a small double or large single. Wondering if a bit is missing and we might have to make a part

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Angelite73

Angelite73

Free Member
May 26, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi there, the model is called joint.

There seems to be plenty cushions but not enough bed base. The bed runs up and down the motor home.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi there, the model is called joint.

There seems to be plenty cushions but not enough bed base. The bed runs up and down the motor home.
That is the manufacturer, Joint are part of the Italian SEA Group, if you can advise the model someone may be able to help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Angelite73

Angelite73

Free Member
May 26, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
I'm a newbie
Think we've got it. Part of base missing so we've cut a board to fit mean time. Thanks I'm really new to all this lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Think we've got it. Part of base missing so we've cut a board to fit mean time. Thanks I'm really new to all this lol
Right, I think I understand the question now! :D
You should find that the dinette seats have pull outs to support the bed, also, some of the cushions are solid backed. It's a bit of a jigsaw puzzle I grant you, but it should be (relatively) straightforward.

Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Welcome to Fun, if I had a bed running up and down my motorhome I'd try to catch it before it did any damage. Seriously if you suscribe to Fun you'll get answers to a wealth of information about anything and everything, politics, europe, religion, humour and even stuff to do with motorhomes. (y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back