Makes a hell of a differance already.... (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My youngest is on holiday in Paphos, I have spoken to him a number of times today without giving it a second thought and he has not turned his phone off once. This no roaming charge is brilliant why did it take so long to arrive.....

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
He may need to be careful, I know your family all seem to have more money than most, but I have seen warnings about going over any allowance is going to be crippling as the mobile providers try to recoup some losses

I guess technically OK if we are all on unlimited, but I am not for one and data is going to be the real sting apparently

then best fully check T's and C's (y)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I was looking for an all you can eat plan on 3 but even that now is limited to 30gb hotspot allowance, that's on my sim card for calls and data , might be different with a mi fi.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
He may need to be careful, I know your family all seem to have more money than most, but I have seen warnings about going over any allowance is going to be crippling as the mobile providers try to recoup some losses

I guess technically OK if we are all on unlimited, but I am not for one and data is going to be the real sting apparently

then best fully check T's and C's (y)
Thanks David I will keep that in mind. I am presuming both being on unlimited should be ok but I will keep an eye. I thought every man and his dog was on unlimited now days. (y)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Thanks David I will keep that in mind. I am presuming both being on unlimited should be ok but I will keep an eye. I thought every man and his dog was on unlimited now days. (y)

Only if you spend more than a tenner a month!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I was looking for an all you can eat plan on 3 but even that now is limited to 30gb hotspot allowance, that's on my sim card for calls and data , might be different with a mi fi.

What I did was buy a handset with a six inch screen, this allows me to use the full 4 gig of my data allowance on the internet on my phone, no hot spot needed unless I need to use my notebook for anything big. Even with my failing eye sight I can read a six inch screen and android allows easy zoom and magnifying if needs be. Look at xgody y13 handset about 55 quid on eBay.

Have been away for a month so far in Germany and internet via data roaming OK and still not used this months 4 gig!

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
or made a call I would guess, unless you have hands the size of dustbin lids :)(y)
I suppose i do really, but it is OK. A bit like using a small tablet like the old galaxy 7 as a phone. I do use the internet much more than I use the phone to call.
Like most things in life a compromise!

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Make the most of it, it will be gone as quick as you can say Brexit!
Not according to the Chief Executive of Vodafone it won't. He says it makes no commercial sense to bring back roaming charges and Vodafone are not going to do that. I would think the same applies to the other networks, they wouldn't want to enter a completion war they would for certain be loosing customers if they try to bring charges back.

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I get 4g data and unlimited text and calls for 12 quid a month with three! As does my wife so we will never exceed 8 g a month when on holiday! Thus a sim only deal available to all with three!

BMM

Free Member
May 26, 2017
Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Nobody has unlimited data contract, they all are subject to a fair usage policy, check the small print!

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Tell me more. Along as I have the same benefits as I have from Three
I got a Three chip a couple of weeks ago from the Three shop. The deal is still on but it is a pound more expensive now.
4GB data-unlimited calls- unlimited text all for nine pounds a month on a 12 month contract. Cheap as chips.....

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Nobody has unlimited data contract, they all are subject to a fair usage policy, check the small print!
Not so. I did check very carefully before I committed myself. Vodafone do not have a fair usage policy. You can use all your allowance and if you need to but note data, all of which you can use. My calls and texts are also unlimited and again, no fair usage policy.

Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I recently switched from 3 to EE. It's allegedly a special offer for NI residents. I doubt that as special offers over here normally begin with "would you mind bending over Sir?". We regularly get sh*fted.
I was on a SIM only monthly and on 4GB date & unlimited calls and Texts for £15 pm. As soon as I called I was offered it for £10pm! I was then offered 30GB data and unlimited calls and texts for £15pm but it turned out that this was an 'essential' plan which was of no use to me.
I now get 12GB date and unlimited calls and texts for £15.99 pm plus free BT sport. Obviously it has EU roaming and also includes USA. I haven't looked what other countries are included.
As an aside it took 25mins on the phone with 3 trying to get a PAC code from them. All the time they were offering different deals trying to keep me as a customer.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I got a Three chip a couple of weeks ago from the Three shop. The deal is still on but it is a pound more expensive now.
4GB data-unlimited calls- unlimited text all for nine pounds a month on a 12 month contract. Cheap as chips.....

They did have an essentials package cheaper but you didn't get the feel at home package and no free European calls. I imagine all that has changed now.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
They did have an essentials package cheaper but you didn't get the feel at home package and no free European calls. I imagine all that has changed now.
It has indeed stealaway, I have another Three full blown feel at home contract that I can use in the US so the essential package on this phone makes perfect sense. For nine pound unlimited calls it was a steal.....(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back