May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Good Morning,

Frankly I am appalled at some of the comments made on this thread, so the sites had a few hiccups, nothing major and everyone was kept well informed as to the reasons why.

Jim makes sod all out of this site, does it all for free and he gets this crap.

My answer to the whingers is use the box with an X in it, top right hand side, click on it.

Keep up the good work Jim and thanks for an excellent site getting even better,

Peter

It is easy to mistake mischievous fun for whinging. I have only noted parts that are behaving badly so they can be rectified, sort of bug report, others have made fun out of the situation. Having been on the end of need a sense of humour transplant myself in the past I can see what is happening here.

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Having run my own forum for a number of years, I can empathize with Jim and take my hat off to him for what he does here. Major updates are not fun and, for whatever reason, some folks have little patience as the bugs are being worked out.

Like Jim, I've had my share of staying up all night implementing changes and fixing issues, and to see negative comments or complaints, even if made in jest, can be a downer rather than a motivator to continue improving the forum. Some patience and understanding is appropriate, and those occasional "thanks Jim" comments really do go a long way.

Here's my own THANKS JIM. Hang in there, and put on your body armour.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Couldn't log in, even woke Tom up in California, sorry Tom.

Not a problem Derek, glad to help. I was still awake, even if nodding off at the keyboard. (Actually, I was implementing my own security update.) Fortunately I'd seen Jim's announcement earlier.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Few Hiccups

Hi Jim we've been away for the weekend looks like you have had a few proplems you will aways get the whingers moaning thanks for all your hard work you put in to make this a first class site keep up the good work you do all for free Tony

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
Hi Jim

Just noticed a little strange one, but I am sure it will be at the bottom of the list, and you have much more pressing issues but

If, you are not logged in the front page clock seems to be an hour ahead on posts, this does not show when logged in as the time then showes correct! if that makes sense

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
All is well , games arcade back, must have been a glitch:Smile:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi Jim

Just noticed a little strange one, but I am sure it will be at the bottom of the list, and you have much more pressing issues but

If, you are not logged in the front page clock seems to be an hour ahead on posts, this does not show when logged in as the time then showes correct! if that makes sense

I've made a little change, try that now :Smile:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Jim
Just like to add our thanks for hard work you do to keep the club going, as with any club you always get the whingers and moaners who no matter how hard you work still are not happy, if they can do any better let them get on with it, as for suggesting that the advertisers on the site pay more, ordinary members can do their bit by paying a bit themselves volutary, we are aware that it is a free site but a little help from everyone would help towards making Jim feel a bit more appreciated. Thanks Jim for burning the midnight oil for us, we will buy you a drink when we see you (at the spring motorhome show).

Cheers,
Mick & Sheila:thumb::thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
This site along with every other one has to be constantly upgraded and improved.

It's a great FUN site and best of all is it's FREE

:Doh::Doh:I cant believe people are moaning and complaining:Doh::Doh:

Thanks for all the time and effort put in for US Funsters admin:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
chat room

sorry Jim , but i cant get into the chat room to natter with roger ! it says someone else with my username is there ! keep up the good work,it is appreciated ! :thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
This site along with every other one has to be constantly upgraded and improved.

It's a great FUN site and best of all is it's FREE

:Doh::Doh:I cant believe people are moaning and complaining:Doh::Doh:

Thanks for all the time and effort put in for US Funsters admin:thumb:

That says it all. ::bigsmile:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
hi jim just got back from the bb , all i can say is you cannot please all of the people all of the time, no matter how hard you try, just remember that the majority of us appreciate all the hard work that you and bryan do, without you there wouldn't be a site, no complaints from me:thumb: just A GREAT BIG THANKYOU:thumb:
RUTH

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Well done Jim and thanks to you and Bryan for all the hard work you put in on our FREE site - we really appreciate it!:roflmto::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Marie
:ROFLMAO:

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
Jim & Bryan I think you are doing a great job.:thumb:
Many thanks from me.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
maybe if it is all in fun AD, you can stop the whinging random e-mail at midnight slating the site and quoting 'big brother!'

Where's your sense of FUN....Debs.::bigsmile:

Wasn't it you that was slating the site after the first meet at Bosworth ?

You haven't posted in a long time and then this??????

Makes me ask what this is all about?

I am not the whinger here.....:ROFLMAO:?????

I was purely answering to another Members replyand suddenly you're making me the bad person.:RollEyes:

Thanks for the constructive comment after all this time though.:thumb:

Last edited:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Perhaps you should have shut it down to work on it, that would have given them something legitimate to moan about :Doh:

Maybe its time to start charging subs to cover all the extra time and equipment needed, or how about farming the work out to those who have nothing better to do than sit here all day and complain when something doesn't work properly. :RollEyes:

Nice touch, the visitors "register".....is there any way of tweaking it to show how many times each visitor has been there? That way we'll know who our stalkers are !

Well Said Linda.::bigsmile:

That'll keep them in check.:thumb:

As we all know there's problems working on a live site and it's a very risky business.

Hat's off to Jim and Bryan for their hard work here.

Last edited:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Jim and Bryan you've developed such a fantastic site that there is a danger of it becoming addictive.::bigsmile:

Hence, any untoward comments can be put down to withdrawal symptoms from those missing their FUNfix - take them as a sort of backhanded complement :ROFLMAO:

Keep up the good work it's greatly appreciated.

:Smile:
Keith

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Whew!

I knew a lot of work went into building the site, but I had no idea what was involved in keeping it going.:whatthe:
Hats off to you guys.:thumb::thanks2:

John

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
I'd like to add my thanks to Jim and Bryan for the site. No complaints at all.

Sandy

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Perhaps you should have shut it down to work on it.....
It was shut down.
Maybe its time to start charging subs to cover all the extra time and equipment needed....
Maybe its time the dealers, traders and those with commercial business interests in this forum had better start coughing up more cash if thats what they think it needs.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
The site was only down for a couple of hours on Saturday morning, the rest of the time we have been working on a live site, its scary, but fun. :Smile:

Just a thought Jim.

Could you not image the site, apply the changes on that one and Beta test it to check it works and then apply the changes to the live one.

I know from experience how hard it is to get any downtime at all.

There's always something that's gonna give grief.

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
It was shut down.
Maybe its time the dealers, traders and those with commercial business interests in this forum had better start coughing up more cash if thats what they think it needs.

So what? Even the major banks shut down for maintenance on a regular basis!!! You don't have the right to dictate when or if maintenance is done on the site, and how it is done. If certain whinging and selfish users cannot cope with site maintenance, then don't access the site again, easy. Then it won't bother you so much!!

Jim and Bryan are doing their best - if Jim wants to shut the site down for whatever reason, thats his prerogative, not any other carping drip!!!

Haven't noted any of the "dealers , traders and those with commercial interests" doing any of the whining, mind you - just a few individuals who pay nothing and seemingly have a very pompous and grandiose idea of themselves! Get a life - Jim and Bryan are working hard to smooth out the improvments in site security. :Eeek:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Most of the bugs have been fixed, we still have a couple of issues with chat but we should fix that today. The software should look pretty much the same to you. There are new functions and I will explain these as we turn them on.

I will close this thread now. I am sure there are a few tweaks still to be made, and if you find something broken please report that in "website Help"

Thanks for input, it was a hectic weekend, but well worth it. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back