Majestic 125 (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have a Marquis Majestic 125 bought in November 2019. We are generally happy with the m/h but on three occasion have arrived on site to find the carpets wet.

I believe the problem may be caused by an ill fitting hose between the filler cap and the fresh water tank. If I try to fill with a watering can or if I overfill the carpets get wet. If I push a hose beyond the tank inlet all is OK. The connection between the hose and the internal spigot on the filler inlet is wet when this happens.

I have the m/h booked in under warranty, post lockdown but have noticed a post on the “dark side” with a similar problem.

Has anyone else had experience of the same problem?

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
Yes I have a 155 which had the same issue.
If you look under the offside seat where the water inlet comes through, as it passes through the side panel the filler pipe goes straight into a screw clamp round the hose. This needed a couple of turns to tighten
It's a shame Elddis don't think to check these things.
A simple fix.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Think Wee Bold Davy has an Elddis Accordo but which specific model???
It's the 105 we have. It will be two years old next month. We've been very fortunate to have had virtually no issues. Nothing worth talking about. Saying that we've not used it for almost 7 months apart from giving it a run every 4 weeks or so to keep things moving.(y)

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
PhilMary
Thanks for the response.

It is the same position that ours leaks but, unfortunately, the pipe has been cut too short and at an angle. The screw clip goes around the pipe but can’t grip where the pipe is too short.

It is due to be replaced on 7th July, under warranty.

The only other problem has been the rear view camera. The dealer picked up, at PDI, that it wasn’t working but couldn’t get a replacement in time for our pick up date. It was replaced three weeks later but failed again in March, just as lockdown came in. It is also being looked at on the 7th.

Otherwise the m/h has been great.

There are some odd things however, like the recommendation/requirement to drain down the water heater before each journey!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Funny you should mention this, I've just been cleaning our tank out and I could see where water had leaked out round the top of the tank inlet so I put some proper jubilee clips on and also stixall sealant. The wire clips they use are shite.. Anything to save 10p.. That's my Elddis 🙄
It's still in bits so I'll take a photo....

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
20200616_131726.jpg
20200616_131737.jpg

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks Richard and Ann .

Looks very similar to my set up except that the hose only just reaches the input spigot. Yours goes right to the wall.

Hopefully ours will look like yours after the 7th July. :giggle:

Nov 19, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Sold up!
Exp
since 2013
We have a Marquis Majestic 125 bought in November 2019. We are generally happy with the m/h but on three occasion have arrived on site to find the carpets wet.
I believe the problem may be caused by an ill fitting hose between the filler cap and the fresh water tank. If I try to fill with a watering can or if I overfill the carpets get wet. If I push a hose beyond the tank inlet all is OK. The connection between the hose and the internal spigot on the filler inlet is wet when this happens.

We had a Majestic 165 bought new in 2013 and noticed damp under the bench seat near to the filler cap. Told Marquis Preston and they said "Oh no problem we just need to do it properly and use the right size of hose!!"
Took them about an hour and it never leaked again, well not from that place! They reckon that Elddis use two different diameters of pipe and don't join them correctly. Obviously a known problem.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Would that be the same Marquis Preston whose *salesman* David said * All motorhomes leak its the way they are made, some are worse than others , what you need is a wood free construction like this ( points to a Bailey) If it does leak its easy to fix as there is no wood in the construction!* And we walked away!

Nov 19, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Sold up!
Exp
since 2013
Would that be the same Marquis Preston whose *salesman* David said * All motorhomes leak its the way they are made, some are worse than others , what you need is a wood free construction like this ( points to a Bailey) If it does leak its easy to fix as there is no wood in the construction!* And we walked away!
This was the so called service manager, who generally hid behind his large computer screen until his underling started to flounder under questioning and then came and generously said that's OK, we will sort that out and having admitted that they came like that from Elddis, couldn't explain why they did not fix it before it was sold.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds like there is better commission on Baileys

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
Bailey use the same pipe and inlet. The white pipe is an air vent for the tank when filling.
14DF4C40-1E06-419E-8A26-A2EC0503441B.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back