Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
We are going on our first trip very soon in our first Motorhome. We have a 2004 swift Kon tiki. Probably a daft sounding question to you experts but how do you guys connect Motorhome to mains water when on the "super" pitches. What's needed and how'd it done?

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Don't quite get this thread. Don't understand why anyone with a Euro motorhome would want mains water pumped in constantly... what about the waste.. .I'd want a sealed waste outlet . how are you going to use so much water..
Another thing that struck me was people drinking from their water tank.. We never do.. As with most others we drink from bottled water (just like a lot of Europeans do)..
But each to their own.
The reason we have mains water pumped constantly is for ease we live in our truck so don't want to have to ration our water or keep filling up etc, nothing wrong with drinking water from your tank if it is constantly being refreshed with clean water (chlorinated in most places)

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I can assure you that in our system I use an inboard pump (sure flow) that quite easily feeds our water from the aquaroll to either the inboard tank or the taps or from the inboard tank to the taps, we also had a very similar system on our last caravan
i dont doubt for one minue the pump is capable of drawing water from aqua to tank but yours is a self build with bespoke plumbing....a factory built motorhome is not and is plumbed conventionally.
the pump feeds water to the taps from the tank...nothing more, nothing less..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
i dont doubt for one minue the pump is capable of drawing water from aqua to tank but yours is a self build with bespoke plumbing....a factory built motorhome is not and is plumbed conventionally.
the pump feeds water to the taps from the tank...nothing more, nothing less..
as I also said our previous Swift built caravan had exactly the same system from new which is why I copied and built it into the truck conversion

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back